• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Question for people who can sub-2 OH H-perms? (:

frogmanson

Is anyone able to sub-2 with this alg? I average 2.2-2.3s for this alg and not sure if I can make it to sub-2
L R U'2 r' R' u' U' R2 U D

This is the other popular OH H-perm and most people sub-2 with this alg (that I know of)
R2 U'2 R U'2 R2 U'2 R2 U'2 R U'2 R2

Is there a R2 trigger used, or a U'2 trigger used? Or no trigger at all perhaps?

To anybody that's going to answer, could you possibly state which finger you use for the R turns (pinky/ring)? (Personally I use pinky :D)

Please and thank you :D.

frogmanson

Really? Are you a ring finger user? (for R, R2). R2 trigger is pretty awkward more than once for pinky users, at least for me.

WCA
2010YUPH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
For R I use pinky. And R2 is pinky+ring. Multiple R2s are awkward but they are separated by the U turns. I don't do those U2 triggers. They are just individual U' turns. My hand is small.

frogmanson

Thanks Weston.

Sorry if I'm sounding stupid right now.. but what's a trigger?

Hmm, trigger in the context I used it, I'm not even sure I used it correctly; I've just heard people calling it U'2 and R2 "triggers" when talking about one-hand. In the context I was using it, trigger means to do U'2 with two fingers in one motion or R2 with two fingers in one motion.

I have a vague definition of what trigger means, I read it somewhere when I first started cubing; It's something like (R U R' U) that you can do quickly. I'm not really too familiar with the definition actually xD, trigger is used less often nowadays.