• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Question About Skewb Scramblers

White KB

Premium Member
WCA
2019BRUC01
YouTube
Visit Channel
One thing I've noticed about most skewb scramblers is that they often have U and B moves right next to each other. Since they are on the same "axis", it doesn't make sense to have something like U' B or U' B' U' B U', but that type of thing still happens frequently with all the skewb scramblers that I've seen. Is there a good reason for this?
Thank you,
White KB

Mike Hughey

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007HUGH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
U and B are not on the same axis. You should be holding the cube with one edge pointing toward you. The U corner is the corner farthest from you on top; the B corner is the corner farthest from you on bottom. This means U and B are not on the same axis.

If you're not sure of this, try a scrambler that gives a picture and check the resulting scramble. You'll see that the U and B corner must be as I describe to get the correct result.