• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Nir1213

YouTube
Visit Channel
so in my f2l i have been improved a little bit, going from around 28 seconds in f2l, to 23 - 25 seconds around f2l. But then after that my solves started plateuing, so i think i cannot improve my solves with intuitive f2l now at this point, and i think its enough right now. Im planning on improving my 4LLL like maybe 8 seconds since its like 12 seconds and i think it can be improved.

Z

Zubin Park

I'll take a look at your video today, try to get back to you by tomorrow.

Z

Zubin Park

Here's what I thought in general
Cross: Too many R'FR, the almost sledge for putting in "bad" cross pieces. Although it's ok sometimes, it is best to put in two pieces at once, and it is beneficial to review blind crosses. Also, too many rotations. It's not always bad to use B moves, and you seem to favor seeing the cross piece, signaling myself that you aren't memorizing the cross during inspection.
f2l: Firstly, your algs to solve the pairs aren't too bad, obviously there could be more efficient ones. The biggest time-waster is looking for the pair. You rotate at least once for every pair, and you have to look for the most efficient pair at your angle when you finish the cross. Basically, try to cut down cross-f2l transition by memo your cross during inspection and look for your f2l at LEAST while you put in your last 2 edges, although it should be during the entire cross.
oll: I assume you use 2 look, and it's fine. I can't really see if you use that algs I use for oll, but your speed is fine, especially for your average times.
pll: I think you do 2 look, you should really start full PLL if possible. you rotated too much for the final U,H,Z perm. This kills a solid 2.5 sec of your average. Try to learn what perm you have to do from any angle. U perms are easy because the corners are oriented so you just have to see where the front edge has to go.

Overall, not too much positive, but that's ok. You'll get better by solving and practicing. I can go more in-depth if you'd like, but it might not be worth it for you especially at your stage of cubing.

Nir1213

YouTube
Visit Channel
Here's what I thought in general
Cross: Too many R'FR, the almost sledge for putting in "bad" cross pieces. Although it's ok sometimes, it is best to put in two pieces at once, and it is beneficial to review blind crosses. Also, too many rotations. It's not always bad to use B moves, and you seem to favor seeing the cross piece, signaling myself that you aren't memorizing the cross during inspection.
f2l: Firstly, your algs to solve the pairs aren't too bad, obviously there could be more efficient ones. The biggest time-waster is looking for the pair. You rotate at least once for every pair, and you have to look for the most efficient pair at your angle when you finish the cross. Basically, try to cut down cross-f2l transition by memo your cross during inspection and look for your f2l at LEAST while you put in your last 2 edges, although it should be during the entire cross.
oll: I assume you use 2 look, and it's fine. I can't really see if you use that algs I use for oll, but your speed is fine, especially for your average times.
pll: I think you do 2 look, you should really start full PLL if possible. you rotated too much for the final U,H,Z perm. This kills a solid 2.5 sec of your average. Try to learn what perm you have to do from any angle. U perms are easy because the corners are oriented so you just have to see where the front edge has to go.

Overall, not too much positive, but that's ok. You'll get better by solving and practicing. I can go more in-depth if you'd like, but it might not be worth it for you especially at your stage of cubing.
yea im not sure how to fix my cross i do cross in 5 seconds and its trash
the f2l i kinda stumble upon so yea
i rotate the Z perm and H perm cause if i turn it the corners are not in the right spot which makes it a little harder to recog. If I have a h perm and i turn i would have to AUF to solve the cube.