• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Quest to learn full ZBLL [SUSPENDED]

Will I learn full 1LLL?

• Yes

• No

• Ya Stupid

Results are only viewable after voting.

LukasCubes

YouTube
Visit Channel
This is where I will learn ZBLL. After I finish this in like a year, I will go to ELL which is under 30 algs and will be much easier.

Algs known 103/494. (Cases 1-12, 15, 25-26, 47, 49, 61, 73-84, 89-90, 97-98, 107-108, 109-110, 122, 134, 145-156, 160, 169, 181, 193, 205, 217, 220, 226, 237, 256, 266, 280, 289, 304, 309, 321, 331, 342, 353, 366, 383, 394, 404, 414, 426, 438, 455, 466 473-494)

Have a great day!

Goals for Week 1: Learn all T 2GLL and at least one more U 2GLL [Done] I will start with the 2GLL cases to learn. I want to finish all 2GLL by December.
Comment: No way I am finishing 2GLL by thanksgiving let alone December or not even christmas but I am working hard.

Goals for Week 2: Learn at least 5 algs this week. [Done]
Comment: I will be able to get this no worries. Also the December 2GLL will not be done in december i am learning other algs.

Goals For Week 3: In person school monday-tuesday so i want to learn at least 5 algs. [Done]
Comment: If I go completely online next week ima try to learn 10 so thats gonna be my goals for every week. In person school =5 algs in the week. Online comepletly = 5 algs. If somehow we get a week where we go all 5 days, ima lower it to 2.
Edit: Veterans Day and after will be break time as i will be generating my algs for a new method i am trying to invent. Also my first stickerlass pyraminx arrived today and i want to learn algs on it too. I am also more focused on the LMCF method too.

Goals for Week 4: Learn at least 5 U 2GLL algs this week. [Done]
Comment: I am in person school this week so ima go for 5 instead of 10 algs to learn as a goal. Next week will be 10 algs goal.
Edit: I will easily get to this weeks goal today and its only half way over lol. And it is done.

Goals for Week 5: None, I am way too busy to do anything for it.
Comment: Nope

Goals for Week 6: Learn 10 algs for the week [BANNED, FAILED]
Comment: My school is completely online this week so I have time to do 2 algs or more per day instead of just 1.

Goals for Week 7: Learn 10 algs this week [Done]
Comment: I will learn maybe more since I havent learned an alg in 35 days since I got banned. Also now I will put down how many algs i learn each day.
MONDAY: 2 Algs learned
TUESDAY: 6 Algs learned
WEDNSDAY: 1 Alg learned
THURSDAY: 1 Alg learned
FRIDAY: Plan to recap all L 2GLL

Goals for Week 8: Learn Full H 2GLL (7 Left)
Comment: Somehow 95 people voted. Recog for the H 2GLL is gonna be hard.
Monday: Do Nothing
Tuesday: Learn a case (217)
Wednsday: Learn a case or 2
Thursday: Do nothing
Friday: Do Nothing
Saturday: Do Nothing
Sunday: Maybe learn 1 alg (TODAY)

I AM MISSING MY MAIN 3x3 SO IT IS SUSPENDED UNTIL I FIND IT!

Last edited:

Nir1213

YouTube
Visit Channel
The OLLCP quest is cancelled so ima make a 1LLL quest. Below is a PDF of all 3915 algorithms. Well it says 3916 but number 473 is a last layer skip. anyway I will not count the alg as known if I cant look at it and say 1LLL so as of writing this, I know nothing about 1LLL but I hope to know it fully hopefully by 2030 lol.

Algs known 22/39165.

Have a great day!

Goals for Week 1: Learn as many algs as possible and see where I end up at week 2.
Comment: I will start with the T cases. I know full PLL so ima put up a 22 on there as an edit. PLL is cases 473-494 (i am including the skip as well).
haha i bet you will stop at around 500 algs lol, maybe even lower
this is a stuuupid quest lol
But you might just do it lol and your gonna be the first person who knows like 4000 algs and full 1LLL
this will also just completely get rid of learning ZBLL XD

LukasCubes

YouTube
Visit Channel
haha i bet you will stop at around 500 algs lol, maybe even lower
this is a stuuupid quest lol
But you might just do it lol and your gonna be the first person who knows like 4000 algs and full 1LLL
this will also just completely get rid of learning ZBLL XD
Maybe but i wont give up yet.
Yes this is a stupid quest but I will try my best.
I might do it. I wont say I can but I wont say i cant.
ZBLL is the first subset I am going for, starting with the T cases.

LukasCubes

YouTube
Visit Channel
You do know many of those algs won't be the best alg right. I bet a lot are really bad. You will need to gen a lot yourself
I know but as I said 585486528648568516056828604 times before, I love learning algorithms so ima keep going. NO STOPPING!

i dont think so.
Last layer king reviewed all these and i think he said alot of these were optimised.
yay

tx789

WCA
2010HUNT02
YouTube
Visit Channel
i dont think so.
Last layer king reviewed all these and i think he said alot of these were optimised.
There will be better algs for almost all cases. I don't care if last layer king reviewed them. PLL is agruably not fully optimised. There are 4000+ cases. There will be better algs than in that pdf. They might be a little optimised but they could be way way more optimised. Are there many algs with S turns for example. There are plenty of good olls with s.

They may be optimised to some extent but they no where near OLLs or even ZBLLs level. A lot will be alt OLLs but the ones that aren't well.

Also would most 1LLL for the F R U R'U' F' OLL algs suck especially compared to OLL/PLL or are those algs just oll then pll?

Honestly with a algs set this unexplored you have to gen your own algs. This doc gives one alg and how can you know it is the best?

LukasCubes

YouTube
Visit Channel
There will be better algs for almost all cases. I don't care if last layer king reviewed them. PLL is agruably not fully optimised. There are 4000+ cases. There will be better algs than in that pdf. They might be a little optimised but they could be way way more optimised. Are there many algs with S turns for example. There are plenty of good olls with s.

They may be optimised to some extent but they no where near OLLs or even ZBLLs level. A lot will be alt OLLs but the ones that aren't well.

Also would most 1LLL for the F R U R'U' F' OLL algs suck especially compared to OLL/PLL or are those algs just oll then pll?

Honestly with a algs set this unexplored you have to gen your own algs. This doc gives one alg and how can you know it is the best?
3915 cases, I will go from sub-20 to probably sub-15 by the time I hit the algs with S moves so it will be a while, I understand most of the algs suck but i have said 9356776927769497429754975975975929959794952524959545979297 times before I love learning algs so deal with it.

Nir1213

YouTube
Visit Channel

well if you have a problem with that then you can optimise them yourself, lets see where that will bring you.
The guy who created this put many hours of work i dont think he would just put bad algs into that, thats just waste
even if you find better algs other people might prefer others
dont just assume things right away.
You are right about it unexplored that is the reason the guy made this.

tx789

WCA
2010HUNT02
YouTube
Visit Channel
well if you have a problem with that then you can optimise them yourself, lets see where that will bring you.
The guy who created this put many hours of work i dont think he would just put bad algs into that, thats just waste
even if you find better algs other people might prefer others
dont just assume things right away.
You are right about it unexplored that is the reason the guy made this.
All I am saying is there is heaps of room for improvement. Why would I bother with optimising it myself. My goal is to get faster and 1lll isn't very useful for that. There are plenty of things I need to work on before that.

Tao Yu

WCA
2012YUTA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
You probably should generate some of your own algs - it's a good skill to have.

When I talked to Daniel Rose-Levine and Jabari Nuruddin about this, they said that they believed you don't necessarily need the absolute best algs in order to have an advantage over OLL/PLL. I think they even seemed to think it could be worth the effort even without perfect algs. I'm sure this is a niche view though, so interpret that with care.

I think as long as someone really understands what an algset does for them, I would not discourage them for learning it. As long as you understand that 1LLL is years of work (including work in areas such as generating algs) and provides a pretty small advantage (like around half as second or something - where you could save like 10 seconds by improving F2L), and you're okay with that, I say go ahead.

The problem is more to do with the fact that it takes a lot of time to generate near optimal algs. Easiest way to see this is how we're still occasionally discovering better PLL algs. With a set as big as 1LLL, you can't spend as much time optimizing each alg, and thus they will be much less optimized than a smaller set.

I know that this guy has put a lot of effort into his sheet however, pulling from a large amount of sources, and having timed every (!) alg. So they should be at a decent level (disclaimer: I've not checked the algs myself).

Nir1213

YouTube
Visit Channel
All I am saying is there is heaps of room for improvement. Why would I bother with optimising it myself. My goal is to get faster and 1lll isn't very useful for that. There are plenty of things I need to work on before that.
you dont have to learn 1LLL lol i was just saying that because your critsizims sounded like you expected someone to do it, like you
but anyway its what @LukasCubes chooses.
You probably should generate some of your own algs - it's a good skill to have.

When I talked to Daniel Rose-Levine and Jabari Nuruddin about this, they said that they believed you don't necessarily need the absolute best algs in order to have an advantage over OLL/PLL. I think they even seemed to think it could be worth the effort even without perfect algs. I'm sure this is a niche view though, so interpret that with care.

I think as long as someone really understands what an algset does for them, I would not discourage them for learning it. As long as you understand that 1LLL is years of work (including work in areas such as generating algs) and provides a pretty small advantage (like around half as second or something - where you could save like 10 seconds by improving F2L), and you're okay with that, I say go ahead.

The problem is more to do with the fact that it takes a lot of time to generate near optimal algs. Easiest way to see this is how we're still occasionally discovering better PLL algs. With a set as big as 1LLL, you can't spend as much time optimizing each alg, and thus they will be much less optimized than a smaller set.

I know that this guy has put a lot of effort into his sheet however, pulling from a large amount of sources, and having timed every (!) alg. So they should be at a decent level (disclaimer: I've not checked the algs myself).
you are right but there are many good PLL algs, it just depends on what the learner chooses.
The guy probably genned the algs that suit him and what he thinks will suit other people.
They are good but other people might choose others.
tbh like 98 percent of the algs will not suit people but its just the most optimized
some of the algs can be optimized to suit you tho
to bad we have to gen it ourselves oof

buut there are probably some algs that can be clearly genned more better, but other than that its good

Nir1213

YouTube
Visit Channel
Bruh why did you make a new thread?
idk he always does that but he probably did that because this quest is gonna be stupid long with tons of pages about @LukasCubes talking how many algs he has learnt
and its litterally 4000 algs like i think its better for him to put this all in one thread and not in another or its gonna be really messy lol

Tao Yu

WCA
2012YUTA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
If you prefer RUL algs to RUF algs, that probably means your fingertricks still need improvements.

It makes sense that you find RUL easier now. It's quite a simple moveset: you just do U moves with index flicks and R and L with wrist turns.

For RUF algs you need to plan your fingertricks so that the right fingers are in the right place when a F move comes along. This often requires tricks such as backward OH flicks and pushes for U moves. You also have to learn to do F moves in many different ways - there's at least 5 or 6, and there's fingertricks that you'll need to learn using your thumb, index, ring and pinky fingers. You will also need to learn which of these fingertricks to use in which situation.

As someone who likes to learn algs you need to have the attitude that you will learn to properly fingertrick RUF algs. You should expect this to make you eventually prefer RUF algs to RUL (in the majority of cases).

BenChristman1

WCA
2019CHRI11
SS Competition Results
If you prefer RUL algs to RUF algs, that probably means your fingertricks still need improvements.

It makes sense that you find RUL easier now. It's quite a simple moveset: you just do U moves with index flicks and R and L with wrist turns.

For RUF algs you need to plan your fingertricks so that the right fingers are in the right place when a F move comes along. This often requires tricks such as backward OH flicks and pushes for U moves. You also have to learn to do F moves in many different ways - there's at least 5 or 6, and there's fingertricks that you'll need to learn using your thumb, index, ring and pinky fingers. You will also need to learn which of these fingertricks to use in which situation.

As someone who likes to learn algs you need to have the attitude that you will learn to properly fingertrick RUF algs. You should expect this to make you eventually prefer RUF algs to RUL (in the majority of cases).
I still don’t understand people who think that RUL is a good moveset.