• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Quest to learn full ZBLL [SUSPENDED]

Will I learn full 1LLL?

• Yes

• No

• Ya Stupid

Results are only viewable after voting.

Nir1213

YouTube
Visit Channel
What is the point in learning this alg set? I’m not trying to be condescending I’m just wondering what’s in it for you?

This arguably won’t improve your times at all until you’ve learned all the algs and committed them to muscle memory and can recognize them quickly. That could take years.

Are you learning this as a party trick? A sense of pride? Or is learnig algs just that fun for you, even if you can’t apply it in your daily solves?!?
hes learning just for fun

LukasCubes

YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm sorry if this is in the wrong forum thread, but considering your goal of learning a large alg set (3915), I thought my idea is relevant and useful to your endevour, and this is quite a new thread so there are active people that can respond to my thoughts.

So recently, I have not been cubing. At all. I did it for a while, like 2 years in my life and it was a great time, but I've moved on to other interests, specifically, learning Japanese. I literally immerse 24/7 and I'm actually listening to a TV show on my mp3 player as I am writing this. I'm serious about this haha. anyway, what I'm trying to get to is I have been using Anki in my language learning journey- and I realized it is an incredibly useful resource for memorizing a large alg set such as 1LLL.

If you don't know, Anki is a program (software) that is a spaced repitition flash card system which shows you your information you want to remember right before you'll probably forget it, so you can forever retain information with the least amount of memorizing and reviewing. To be honest, the Anki algorithm is super simple, but whatever lol. Anki is most popular among medical students and language learners.

If you did 43 new 1LLL cards per day, then you would learn all 3915 in exactly 3 months.
An estimate for how much time you'd be reviewing daily would be approximentely 2 or so hours/day, which is definitely a lot, but also definitely possible.

REALIZATION:
THIS EXISTS!

If up your Anki the exact way that he does and set new cards to 35/day you can learn all 493 ZBLL algs in exactly 2 weeks.

I highly, highly recommend this.

Once you finish that whole ZBLL which won't take you very long at all, and if you still want to learn full 1LLL after doing that, I recommend creating your own Anki deck with the same format as that ZBLL deck you just went through- it might take a bit of time to make a 1LLL deck yourself but it's just a ton of copy + paste from the 1LLL database so I don't think it will take very long, probably just like 1-2 days. After you finish the ZBLL deck and make your own 1LLL deck, just keep going man.
Make sure you keep up with your reviews every day- do them first thing in the morning and make it a habit, because if you don't do your scheduled reviews for that day then you'll forget all of the algs that Anki has scheduled for you.

I don't know who you are, but I know you can learn 1LLL.

You can do it. And you can do it fast and you'll remember the algs well. If you have a lot of time to learn new algs, you can finish all of 1LLL in 3 months or possibly even faster, although learning all 3915 algs in 2 months would require roughly 4ish hours of reps per day, but don't worry, even if you don't really have very much free time, like less than 2 hours per day, you still get them all learned in 6 months.

The important thing is consistency- always do your reps every day- if you have an off day and you don't feel like learning new algs, that's okay, you dont have to add any new cards that day if you don;t want to, but whatever you do, don't miss the reviews from algs you've already learned. Like what I'm saying is if you can't make new progress that's fine, just don't take a step backward.

Also, a really important tip is to never use the 'Hard' button. Click Good if you got it, and Again if you didn't get it.
The Hard button was a bad design feature. Also, use the EXACT same Anki settings that the forum post says to and you're good.

I apoligize for this mess of a post, it's jsut a stream of thoughts, but I hope this was useful :)

I believe in you ★ ★
im gonna try it in a little bit thanks
This is hella ambitious, but I'm rooting for you, man!
thanks
What is the point in learning this alg set? I’m not trying to be condescending I’m just wondering what’s in it for you?

This arguably won’t improve your times at all until you’ve learned all the algs and committed them to muscle memory and can recognize them quickly. That could take years.

Are you learning this as a party trick? A sense of pride? Or is learnig algs just that fun for you, even if you can’t apply it in your daily solves?!?
learning als is THAT FUN for me.
Are you also practising recognising them because that would be really important if you ever wanted to use them in solves?
yes i am pacticing recognizing them
It would be impressive if he could use 1LLL in his solves
i wont use them in main solves but sometimes i might use them in some solves i get easy cases.

I'm sorry if this is in the wrong forum thread, but considering your goal of learning a large alg set (3915), I thought my idea is relevant and useful to your endevour, and this is quite a new thread so there are active people that can respond to my thoughts.

So recently, I have not been cubing. At all. I did it for a while, like 2 years in my life and it was a great time, but I've moved on to other interests, specifically, learning Japanese. I literally immerse 24/7 and I'm actually listening to a TV show on my mp3 player as I am writing this. I'm serious about this haha. anyway, what I'm trying to get to is I have been using Anki in my language learning journey- and I realized it is an incredibly useful resource for memorizing a large alg set such as 1LLL.

If you don't know, Anki is a program (software) that is a spaced repitition flash card system which shows you your information you want to remember right before you'll probably forget it, so you can forever retain information with the least amount of memorizing and reviewing. To be honest, the Anki algorithm is super simple, but whatever lol. Anki is most popular among medical students and language learners.

If you did 43 new 1LLL cards per day, then you would learn all 3915 in exactly 3 months.
An estimate for how much time you'd be reviewing daily would be approximentely 2 or so hours/day, which is definitely a lot, but also definitely possible.

REALIZATION:
THIS EXISTS!

If up your Anki the exact way that he does and set new cards to 35/day you can learn all 493 ZBLL algs in exactly 2 weeks.

Once you finish that whole ZBLL which won't take you very long at all, and if you still want to learn full 1LLL after doing that, I recommend creating your own Anki deck with the same format as that ZBLL deck you just went through- it might take a bit of time to make a 1LLL deck yourself but it's just a ton of copy + paste from the 1LLL database so I don't think it will take very long, probably just like 1-2 days. After you finish the ZBLL deck and make your own 1LLL deck, just keep going man.
Make sure you keep up with your reviews every day- do them first thing in the morning and make it a habit, because if you don't do your scheduled reviews for that day then you'll forget all of the algs that Anki has scheduled for you.

You can do it. And you can do it fast and you'll remember the algs well. If you have a lot of time to learn new algs, you can finish all of 1LLL in 3 months or possibly even faster, although learning all 3915 algs in 2 months would require roughly 4ish hours of reps per day, but don't worry, even if you don't really have very much free time, like less than 2 hours per day, you still get them all learned in 6 months.

The important thing is consistency- always do your reps every day- if you have an off day and you don't feel like learning new algs, that's okay, you dont have to add any new cards that day if you don;t want to, but whatever you do, don't miss the reviews from algs you've already learned. Like what I'm saying is if you can't make new progress that's fine, just don't take a step backward.

Also, a really important tip is to never use the 'Hard' button. Click Good if you got it, and Again if you didn't get it.
The Hard button was a bad design feature. Also, use the EXACT same Anki settings that the forum post says to and you're good.

I apoligize for this mess of a post, it's jsut a stream of thoughts, but I hope this was useful :)

I believe in you ★ ★
I tried it and downloaded the flash deck anki thigs and it isnt working so ima stick with the full 1LLL pdf

Last edited by a moderator:

trangium

WCA
2019TRAN10
i wont use them in main solves but sometimes i might use them in some solves i get easy cases.
If you're going to learn the entire set, why not actually use it in solves? If you only use 1LLL in solves for easy cases, you're probably better off only learning the easy cases.

LukasCubes

YouTube
Visit Channel
If you're going to learn the entire set, why not actually use it in solves? If you only use 1LLL in solves for easy cases, you're probably better off only learning the easy cases.
well i said 43786427826757856785264585675678657865768785258747684865658787987953795897598754 times before, i love learning algs. I will use 1LLL as a method maybe when I get recognition right for all of them but that has a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG way to go

Nir1213

YouTube
Visit Channel
well i said 43786427826757856785264585675678657865768785258747684865658787987953795897598754 times before, i love learning algs. I will use 1LLL as a method maybe when I get recognition right for all of them but that has a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG way to go
i mean if you do solves with it you wont forget faster anyway. Doing 1LLL in solves can help your recog and memo.
Garrunteed you have to do 3915 solves if each case was different but people litterally do 2000 solves in 1 session so no problem there.

LukasCubes

YouTube
Visit Channel
if you like algs, learn all of advanced F2L, ZBLS, ZBLL, WV first
ok; WV will be last and I am not that advanced with F2L, full ZBLS wont be needed as i can just orient the 5 edges then do my last pair and I am in process of learning ZBLL.

xyzzy

Wut? 3 weeks! That's how long it took me to learn full 3lll!
it took me 2 weeks to learn 2LLL
By extrapolation, clearly it'll only take one week to learn full 1LLL!

i mean if you do solves with it you wont forget faster anyway. Doing 1LLL in solves can help your recog and memo.
Garrunteed you have to do 3915 solves if each case was different but people litterally do 2000 solves in 1 session so no problem there.
Unless you're going out of your way to somehow avoid repeated cases, you're really looking at around 32000 solves (see: coupon collector's problem) to get every 1LLL (except skip/H perm/pure 4-flip/4-flip H) at least once.

Also, who the heck regularly does 2000-solve sessions? Like, assuming they spend 4 seconds scrambling, 6 seconds inspection and 6 seconds to solve, that's 16 seconds per solve, or 32000 seconds = 8 hours 53 minutes in total. It's not impossible; it's just ridiculous to expect anyone normal to be able to keep up with that kind of practice schedule.

But yes, seeing the cases show up in solves really does help reinforce them in your memory.

if you like algs, learn all of advanced F2L, ZBLS, ZBLL, WV first
1LLL subsumes ZBLL, and it also completely obsoletes WV and most of ZBLS. Assuming OP is sufficiently committed to eventually learning full 1LLL, F2L algs are the only useful thing you listed here. (That said, no offence, LukasCubes, but my money would be on you giving up within a year.)

Why spend 3+ more moves in last slot to force EO/CO, when you can just spend 1-2 more moves to do 1LLL instead? The only advantage of PLL as a 1LLL subset is that it's usually something that's practised much more than the other 1LLL cases, which means that you'll be more fluent with the algs and recognition, but in the super long run it doesn't make sense to prioritise PLL because the algs aren't even that much better. Same for ZBLL. Honestly, the only things that are worth avoiding in 1LLL are the 4-flip and maybe the opposite-flip EO subsets.

(This is from a theoretical standpoint and I really need to emphasise the "super long run" part of it. It's something that's maybe relevant if OP still sees himself cubing five years? ten years? later. Practically speaking, ZBLS and the easier WV cases will still have a positive impact now.)

qwr

YouTube
Visit Channel
1LLL subsumes ZBLL, and it also completely obsoletes WV and most of ZBLS. Assuming OP is sufficiently committed to eventually learning full 1LLL, F2L algs are the only useful thing you listed here. (That said, no offence, LukasCubes, but my money would be on you giving up within a year.)

I know that. And I would be a betting man on no one ever learning full 1LLL.

tx789

WCA
2010HUNT02
YouTube
Visit Channel

REALIZATION:
THIS EXISTS!

I believe in you ★ ★
Honestly anki isn't that good for 1lll you'd want a trainer like bestsiteever.ru has for zbll it's far better for this case.

Anki is useful for drilling 3 style since a letter pair is what it is based off.

Also he should gen his own algs for this. So using anki means making your own deck.

Nir1213

YouTube
Visit Channel
By extrapolation, clearly it'll only take one week to learn full 1LLL!

Unless you're going out of your way to somehow avoid repeated cases, you're really looking at around 32000 solves (see: coupon collector's problem) to get every 1LLL (except skip/H perm/pure 4-flip/4-flip H) at least once.

Also, who the heck regularly does 2000-solve sessions? Like, assuming they spend 4 seconds scrambling, 6 seconds inspection and 6 seconds to solve, that's 16 seconds per solve, or 32000 seconds = 8 hours 53 minutes in total. It's not impossible; it's just ridiculous to expect anyone normal to be able to keep up with that kind of practice schedule.
uhh CubeHead lol