• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Nir1213

YouTube
Visit Channel
From personal experience I improve my cross by just doing untimed solves and used unlimited inspection to plan it, and this will also help you with your understanding of how pieces work and how to place them in certain places.

i make too much rotations but this helped me.

haha now im doing like sub 50 f2l solves getting there
by next morning i'll probably be around 40 seconds like before!
then after that i will learn f2l tricks to lower it even MORE

Last edited:

Nir1213

YouTube
Visit Channel
oh ok the mods moved the 2 threads here now i know that i can continue this thread
was not sure if i could continue it here or on a dif page

i make too much rotations but this helped me.

haha now im doing like sub 50 f2l solves getting there
by next morning i'll probably be around 40 seconds like before!
then after that i will learn f2l tricks to lower it even MORE
Well, no. I'd say when your F2L takes 40 seconds, don't bother learning any extra tricks. Try getting it to 30 seconds first :)

Nir1213

YouTube
Visit Channel
Well, no. I'd say when your F2L takes 40 seconds, don't bother learning any extra tricks. Try getting it to 30 seconds first :)
ok fine
i think i also need to lower my recog time for it too cause i take time in that

also my cross time is 9 seconds on avg is that good or do i need to lower it?

Last edited:

Spacey10

YouTube
Visit Channel
ok fine
i think i also need to lower my recog time for it too cause i take time in that

also my cross time is 9 seconds on avg is that good or do i need to lower it?
Ok yes you should. Try just sitting down, do handscrambles, and do a 50 solve session only cross. Have unlimited inspection time, by the time you are done you should be around 4 to 5 seconds.

Skewb_Cube

should i look ahead my cross?

If you are saying about look ahead in F2L and during cross, then you're not ready for that, that's more advanced things for people that are sub-25 (F2L look ahead) and for sub-20 or sub-15 (cross to F2L transition).

As @Spacey10 mentioned, just do handscrambles and practice your cross with unlimited inspection.

Last edited:

Nir1213

YouTube
Visit Channel
i took a break for 2 days from cubing a bit and then just practiced and like whaaaat
Screenshot 2020-10-10 212006.jpg
haha sub 40 gonn' be a breeze
assuming that i do an average on 15 seconds in 4LLL, which means i just might be able to get sub 40
or maybe i can improve my 4LLL
my cross was reduced to 7 seconds but i cant lower it anymore to 5 or 6 seconds tho anyway

Spacey10

YouTube
Visit Channel
i took a break for 2 days from cubing a bit and then just practiced and like whaaaat
View attachment 13619
assuming that i do an average on 15 seconds in 4LLL, which means i just might be able to get sub 40
my cross was reduced to 7 seconds but i cant lower it anymore to 5 or 6 seconds tho anyway
:O lol almost sub 30!

Skewb_Cube

View attachment 13619

That's something similar to what happened to me, I was averaging 16s but didn't really time my solves because I was working on colour neutrality and after 3 weeks suddenly I was sub-15.

Anyway, congrats!!!

Nir1213

YouTube
Visit Channel
That's something similar to what happened to me, I was averaging 16s but didn't really time my solves because I was working on colour neutrality and after 3 weeks suddenly I was sub-15.

Anyway, congrats!!!
ive actually got my cross times down to 3 sec somehow, but i have a problem. I kinda go fast and then it takes me some time to recognize a case and i hesitate a bit, does that come down to practice or slow solving?

Skewb_Cube

ive actually got my cross times down to 3 sec somehow, but i have a problem. I kinda go fast and then it takes me some time to recognize a case and i hesitate a bit, does that come down to practice or slow solving?

Mostly I think slow solving, and then little by little, you speed up your turning speed. That's kinda like how you start learning how to look ahead. And that probably will reduce your pauses as it did to mine and probably to other people too.

Well, and also solves to get the cases and algs into your muscle memory.

Nir1213

YouTube
Visit Channel
Mostly I think slow solving, and then little by little, you speed up your turning speed. That's kinda like how you start learning how to look ahead. And that probably will reduce your pauses as it did to mine and probably to other people too.

Well, and also solves to get the cases and algs into your muscle memory.
oh cool

now im averaging 35 seconds on f2l so i think the sub 30 average was me being lucky
i think my biggest problem is that when i finish my cross i look for my first corner and edge pair and it takes me a while, then i find the others super fast
basically im getting slow at first then i go fast
i need to balance it so i consistently can find my pairs and execute them properly.
so im practicing and i realized when i do my best i can only get around 30 - 32 seconds at best when i do full step intuitive f2l
i got lower before because i was lucky
so i guess thats my goal
i do 35 - 38 seconds right now.

Last edited:

Nir1213

YouTube
Visit Channel
sorry for double posting but i dont want to edit the other post to much
can someone critique my f2l solves. I feel like im getting sloppy.

LukasCubes

YouTube
Visit Channel
View attachment 13619
woah