• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

DiamondGolem's Quest to get gud

Seth1448

G perms are not as hard as so many people think they are. They are really common so don’t learn them last Like I did. The only thing that’s really hard is finger tricks.

Seth1448

Honestly first of all there is no need for full pll until about 20-25 seconds. If you really want to learn full pll though than it's honestly up to personal preference, you can start with easy cases like j perms to begin with, you can start with the hardest ones like g perms. Or just do whatever order you want.
I started leraning full pll when I was sub-45 and I helped me a lot, i think its gold to learn full pll before you get to sub-30, it actually helps allot.

Diamond golems are so last year’s stuff.
DREAM DEFENDERS AND NETHERITE GOLEMS FOR THE WIN

I would post to help you out but it seems others got here first :)
There are lots of guides on the internet though, especially YT, so make sure to check those for help ;)
Dream defenders are just iron golems, and iron is inferior to diamond.
And why would you spend hours mining in literal HELL just to get +0.5 damage on your sword?

I'm joking, netherite is ok :)

PetrusQuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
Dream defenders are just iron golems, and iron is inferior to diamond.
And why would you spend hours mining in literal HELL just to get +0.5 damage on your sword?

I'm joking, netherite is ok :)
Hypixel team: No they’re dream defenders
Everyone: Iron golems bruh

I don’t think anyone actually calls stuff by their names.
Sharp, not sharpened swords. Prot not reinforced armour. Silverfish not bedbugs, etc.

Finally got sub 30 ao100! Usually, my cross takes around 4 seconds, my F2L takes 16 seconds, my OLL takes 5 seconds and my PLL takes 3 seconds. Is there anything other than learning Full PLL that I need to improve on? (I'm learning 1 PLL a day and so far I've learnt J, R, A and all the edges only). Also should I send a video of a solve/ao5?

I'm going get into 4x4 and 5x5 after Christmas because I'm getting a new one of each.

Last edited:

Seth1448

Quick update: I'm learning 1 or 2 PLLs every day and I've learned both T perms and J perms. I also got a new PB of 24.834, and an ao100 of 33 secs! Thank you for helping me.
Learn the g perms first even if their hard, their really common and watch brodythecubers video about them he teaches finger tricks and good execution

Finally got sub 30 ao100! Usually, my cross takes around 4 seconds, my F2L takes 16 seconds, my OLL takes 5 seconds and my PLL takes 3 seconds. Is there anything other than learning Full PLL that I need to improve on? (I'm learning 1 PLL a day and so far I've learnt J, R, A and all the edges only). Also should I send a video of a solve/ao5?

I'm going get into 4x4 and 5x5 after Christmas because I'm getting a new one of each.
Work On your f2l.. I would recommend JPerm's sub30 tutorial and sub20

ZB2op

Learnt all PLL's apart from G-Perms. My ao100 has gone back up to about 30 secs, because I'm trying to use the new algs in solves to get used to them, but my F2L has got a lot better, down to about 13 seconds.
When you learn G-perms use the ones in either Jperm's video or brodythecuber's one they both use the same algs

Any tips for Ortega? I usually get about 4.5-6 secs every solve and I don't know how I can improve apart from learning CLL, but I'm already learning a bunch of algs for C-FOP. I tried the J-Perm video, but I only understood the first tip on it.

DNF_Cuber

Any tips for Ortega? I usually get about 4.5-6 secs every solve and I don't know how I can improve apart from learning CLL, but I'm already learning a bunch of algs for C-FOP. I tried the J-Perm video, but I only understood the first tip on it.
2x2 is pretty alg based, but you should be able to get sub 5 at least by learning to predict OLL(sometimes), and predict PBL by figuring out what position the first layer is in during inspection and using CLL recognition to predict top layer orientation. Or you could just use petrus grind a ton

I'd recommend you to buy a better 3x3 like the RS3M 2020

The Thunderclap was quite scratchy out the box, but I added weight 3 and now it's really good. I might get a new 3x3 for Christmas, but probably not.

Learn the g perms first even if their hard, their really common and watch brodythecubers video about them he teaches finger tricks and good execution

Whoops...

Nir1213

YouTube
Visit Channel
i know it's your quest, but do you have any tips for being sub 30? im struggling to break that barrier... My cross is 4.5 seconds, my f2l is hovering around 20 - 23 seconds, and i dont know full pll yet.

Watch j-perm's advanced cross and f2l videos at jperm.net. Try get your cross 4 seconds and plan it all out during inspection. For F2L, make every case take maximum 12, preferably 8 moves. You don't need to learn every single case for it though, just the important ones.

I don't know every PLL yet but I do recommend it as it takes about 2 or 3 seconds off your solve. If you do, use PapaSmurf's algorithms, linked earlier in this thread.

Most importantly, don't give up! Even if it's hard, which it is, keep practising. You're 1 of 100000 who can solve a Rubik's Cube in under a minute (don't know if that's true but it sounds impressive lol)

Nir1213

YouTube
Visit Channel
Watch j-perm's advanced cross and f2l videos at jperm.net. Try get your cross 4 seconds and plan it all out during inspection. For F2L, make every case take maximum 12, preferably 8 moves. You don't need to learn every single case for it though, just the important ones.

I don't know every PLL yet but I do recommend it as it takes about 2 or 3 seconds off your solve. If you do, use PapaSmurf's algorithms, linked earlier in this thread.

Most importantly, don't give up! Even if it's hard, which it is, keep practising. You're 1 of 100000 who can solve a Rubik's Cube in under a minute (don't know if that's true but it sounds impressive lol)
thanks for the tips and the encouragement! My biggest goal is to get sub 5 in 3x3.
(even if it looks impossible)

im learning the advanced case algs where i have trouble or do not have good algs for that, so i think i got that going, and after that i will develop muscle memory for it and hopefully get my f2l down to at most 21 seconds, though getting under 20 seconds i would prefer. Then after that im going to learn Full PLL, using the order that abunickabhi posted in this thread.

BUT FIRST I MUST COMPLETE MY HOMEWORK AND MY READING LOG!

anyway thats about it, i also hope you get gud at 3x3.