• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

DiamondGolem's Quest to get gud

Hi,
This is my thread to get gud. Right now my averages, goals and mains are
  • 2x2: 5.5 secs, sub 5, MGC 2
  • 3x3: 19 secs, sub 20, Gan 11M Pro
  • 4x4: About 2.5 mins, sub 2, Zhilomg mini 4x4
  • 5x5: Just over 4 mins, sub 4 MGC 5
  • Squan: About 1.5 mins, idk, volt v2
  • Mega: I don't time my solves, YJ V2M
I use Ortega for 2x2, CFOP (I'm learning Mehta) for 3x3, Yau for 4x4 and 5x5, Tingman beginner method for squan and beginner method for Mega.

Here is my YT (I do cubing and gaming): https://youtube.com/channel/UC6Pgystx5NPRZrqZfw4HqaQ

Does anyone have any tips on how to beat my targets especially 3x3?

Thank you :)

Last edited:

Skewb_Cube

Hi,
I have just hit my goal of sub-35 average so I'd like to start learning a few PLL algs. Which are the easiest ones I can learn?

Thanks!

If you're refering to learning them in a specific order, I would suggest learning the J perms, the R perms, the A perms, then the F and E perm, then the V perm, G perms, and finally the N perms. Even though you eventually will learn all of this algs so order doesn't really matter.

And if you're asking for algs, then I would recommend Jperm.net, but people may have better sources.

MJS Cubing

WCA
2019SULL02
YouTube
Visit Channel
If you're refering to learning them in a specific order, I would suggest learning the J perms, the R perms, the A perms, then the F and E perm, then the V perm, G perms, and finally the N perms. Even though you eventually will learn all of this algs so order doesn't really matter.

And if you're asking for algs, then I would recommend Jperm.net, but people may have better sources.
You missed the T perm

Humble Cuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
Hi,
I have just hit my goal of sub-35 average so I'd like to start learning a few PLL algs. Which are the easiest ones I can learn?

Thanks!
Honestly first of all there is no need for full pll until about 20-25 seconds. If you really want to learn full pll though than it's honestly up to personal preference, you can start with easy cases like j perms to begin with, you can start with the hardest ones like g perms. Or just do whatever order you want.

abunickabhi

WCA
2013GHOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Do search PLL attacks online. You can try drilling all the PLLs in the order that most people do the PLL attacks.

I prefer the order, G G G G J J T N N E A Y A R R V F H Z U U .

Thanks, I used Jperm.net to drill 4lll so I probably will use it again .
Learn them in an order. It doesn't really matter, but definitely learn them all asap. Good algs can be found here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17FBCIInZyqw-fcmIzaQnJ-NqH5JewaoSE050HN0VSwI/edit#gid=0

Ooh, that's a good sheet of algs, thanks!
Buduehhejejejehgbyenufneudjiednhedgebujdueydbeydbeudnjemiejijedi!

Wow! Some really good tips there. I'll try do that when I'm practising.

benthecuber

Hi,

Thanks!
If you know 2-look last layer, I suggest learning J perms first. If you don't know 2 look last layer I suggest you do that for OLL and PLL.

zinzan8

One of the resources I used when learning PLLs was Bob Burton's website, since he describes how he executes and how he recognizes. I don't use all of his algorithms, but if you look at his PLL page, I more or less learned in the same order of "groups", except I learned the G-perms last.

Not sure if that's the best order, but it worked for me. Sometimes I learned in slightly different order, if I recognized a similarity from something I had learned previously (in 2x2, for example).