• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Pineapples or no pineapples?

• Total voters
YouTube
Visit Channel
My website has undergone a major update, I have changed the look, added pages, and made more algs. I still have to start doing HKPLL though, and if anyone wants to help, then tell me.

I haven't been doing a lot of 3x3, I've gotten sub 19 at sqaun tho, sub 1:35 on megaminx, sub 1:45 at 5x5, relearnt pyra intuitive L5E which I had learned for nats last year but forgotten because I hadn't touched a pyra since nats, I modded my Gan 354 M, I binged YouTube a lot, and I worked on my website.

Last edited:
YouTube
Visit Channel
PB single 7.063

B2 U' F2 L2 D' L2 D2 L2 F2 U2 R2 F R B F2 D B F U R U2

yellow is great, and I got a PLL skip

also got 10.741 PB AO5

(9.630)
(12.814)
Does it count if the 12 was yesterday and the rest were today? It doesn’t really matter though because afterwards, I got another 12 so the average stayed the same

also PB 11.265 AO12 and PB AO100

Last edited:
YouTube
Visit Channel
Update: I’m globally sub 12 on 3x3, I average 18 on squan, I’m sub 3 on 2x2, I touched a pyraminx, I’m sub 6 on skewb, sub 1:40 on mega, sub 1:50 on 5x5, sub 55 on 4x4, sub 23 OH, have ordered 2 CLOONCCS and a MGC 6x6, said “I should learn BLD” 16 times, started learning more CLLs that aren’t COLL, and made a cubing practice schedule (as in tells me to practice x minutes of y on z day)(really helps if you are an all-rounder)

YouTube
Visit Channel
Pls can u teach me this method
And also what is HKOLL and HKPLL?
What is the purpose of HKOLL and HKPLL??
I'm posting this here because I think it will be helpful to many people trying to learn HK

My website, hkmethod.com might be a useful resource to you. Hawaiian Kociemba has many variants, so the steps differ.

1: Arrow: 3 Cross pieces, missing one in DF
2: HKF2L: Solve the pairs to get to what is called a "DougLi Block". It is not F2L because the DF piece is not solved. It is rotationless because M-moves change edge's orientation
3: HKOLL
4: HKPLL

1: FB: 1x2x3 on bottom left
2: SBDB: 1x2x3 on bottom right while using wide moves and other tricks when needed to solve the DB edge simultaneously
3: HKOLL
4: HKPLL

1: EOArrow: Solve the arrow and EO simultaneously, like EO cross but without DF
2: EOHKF2L: ZZF2L but with tricks like M' U2 M
3: COLL or OCLLDF or OCLL
4: EPLL or PLL or HKPLL

1: 2x2x2 in DBL
2: 2x2x3 expansion
3: Pairs in front
4: HKOLL
5: HKPLL

EO can be done before pairs in front, allowing you to do COLL/EPLL, OCLLDF/PLL, or OCLL/HKPLL

There are many, many more variants, including tons of other ways of solving the HKLL with fewer algorithms. In Hawaiian CFOP, you can purposely place DF during HKF2L to make LL recognition quicker. In Hawaiian Roux you can put in DF after SB to sacrifice movecount for lookahead. The original HK method was a ZZ-Top variant, so pEOArrow was done, only orienting the HKF2L and Arrow edges. I suggest you dig around my website looking for the best variant for you.

HKOLL is an algorithm subset that orients all of the top layer in addition to the DF edge. It is similar to OLL in CFOP, but it orients an extra edge. So all OLLs are HKOLLs because OLL is a subset of HKOLL, though some HKOLL algs are more efficient because they disregard the permutation of the DF edge. There are 114 HKOLL cases including 57 OLL.

HKPLL is an algorithm subset that permutes the top layer in addition to the DF edge. It is similar to PLL in CFOP, but it permutes an extra edge. So all PLLs are HKOLLs because PLL is a subset of HKOLL. There are 149 HKOLL cases including 21 PLL.

YouTube
Visit Channel
WCC literally took Petrus and made a variant, it's not a HK variant
It is a Petrus variant and an HK variant. Just like the original variant of HK is an HK variant and a ZZ variant. Methods can be variants of multiple methods, which leads us to the question: what defines a method? What makes something ZZ, Petrus, CFOP, Roux, etc. I don’t really have an answer for this, as it is very abstract, but it would be interesting to hear other’s thoughts on it.

ProStar

WCA
2020MAHO01
SS Competition Results
It is a Petrus variant and an HK variant. Just like the original variant of HK is an HK variant and a ZZ variant. Methods can be variants of multiple methods, which leads us to the question: what defines a method? What makes something ZZ, Petrus, CFOP, Roux, etc. I don’t really have an answer for this, as it is very abstract, but it would be interesting to hear other’s thoughts on it.

That's like saying the WR is with Petrus. Technically he made a 2x2x3 while solving EO then solved F2L RU gen then did the LL. But what he meant to do was an XXCross then solve F2L then solve LL