• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Pineapples or no pineapples?

• Total voters

ProStar

WCA
2020MAHO01
SS Competition Results
Idea: Lets just shorten Hawaiian Kociemba to HK. It is to long of a name (CFOP, Roux, ZZ, Petrus; never more than 2 syllables) If anyone is against this, tell me, but if no-one objects, I'll make it official(on the wiki)

I think the real name should still be Hawaiian Kociemba, but HK should be a much more common nickname, similar to how the wiki page shows WV but it's actual name is Winter Variation.

YouTube
Visit Channel
Update: I haven’t been cubing much lately, but the good news is that @ProStar and I are working on an HKOLL doc. It is over halfway done, and the algs are pretty good too. I have been working a lot on it because I just started it 2 days ago, and it will probably be done in a few days. As for my solves, still averaging around ~12.5

Last edited:

ProStar

WCA
2020MAHO01
SS Competition Results
Update: I haven’t been cubing much lately, but the good news is that @ProStar and I are working on an HKPLL doc. It is over halfway done, and the algs are pretty good too. I have been working a lot on it because I just started it 2 days ago, and it will probably be done in a few days. As for my solves, still averaging around ~12.5

Dangit, how'd you know about that! You aren't supposed to know! I mean, uh, it was.... a typo! Yeah! I'm not working on an HKPLL doc, he was just referencing the HKOLL doc we were working on! Mhm. It was just a typo.

ProStar

WCA
2020MAHO01
SS Competition Results
I think the 1L2A HKOLLCP could definitely work, just do Roux EO then COLL. Also, you can just remember what AUF is needed to reset the corners to where they were, so it could be completely pauseless. Also, for L5EP:

Pa(DF edge in front) - (R U R' U') M' U2 M (U R U' R')
Pb(DF edge on right) - (R U R' U) M' U2 M (U R U' R')

Since it's just sexy(insert)sexy', they can be pretty fast

Last edited:
I think the 1L2A HKOLLCP could definitely work, just do Roux EO then COLL. Also, you can just remember what AUF is needed to reset the corners to where they were, so it could be completely pauseless. Also, for L5EP:

Pa(DF edge in front) - (R U R' U') M' U2 M (U R U' R')
Pb(DF edge on right) - (R U R' U) M' U2 M (U R U' R')

Since it's just sexy(insert)sexy', they can be pretty fast

I just came up with that idea yesterday
Arrow without EO, F2L, Roux EO, COLL, L5EP

YouTube
Visit Channel
gonna put this up here so people see it: does anyone want to write up something for me to paste into the history section of my website?

Update: I’ve been busy learning JavaScript, so I haven’t done 3x3 much. I’m now almost sub 20 on squan, and I’m sub 1:55 on 5x5. My HKOLL doc will be done by tomorrow, and my website should be done within a month. I will start learning HKOLL algs over the weekend, and will start HKPLLs next week. I will start trying to consistently predict the corner of the second pair, and will try to work on more efficient pair solutions.