• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Pineapples or no pineapples?

• Total voters
YouTube
Visit Channel
Yup. Probably a bad idea, but I’m doing anyway. Will be using COLL L5EP variant for now.

Goal: Full L5EP, sub 16
Goal: Full L5EP, sub 15
I forgot to update lol
Goal: Sub 13
Averaging 12.5
Goal: Sub 12, full HKOLL
Learning HKOLL, almost halfway, need to work on HKF2L
Goal: Sub 10 by mid July
Almost sub 10

Last edited:
YouTube
Visit Channel
I came up with a variant:
3/4 cross with missing price in front
Rotationless F2L cuz M slice while placing an oriented LL edge or cross piece in DF
OLL
HKPLL

I will call it Hawaiian Kociemba X, or HKX for short

I will probably use this eventually, unless I learn full HKOLL. The EO at the beginning doesn’t provide much of an advantage

Last edited:
YouTube
Visit Channel
Update: I got busy, so I wasn’t able to do much of this. School is canceled now because of Coronavirus, and I have a lot of time, so I will be actually learning L5EP. I am averaging 14.5 to 15.5 and have been just putting in the DF edge and doing EPLL, so I feel that my times will drop a few seconds from full L5EP, and also from a lot of practice

YouTube
Visit Channel
Update: Averaging 12.5 to 14.5, 10/16 L5EP

I feel that the Hawaiian Roux variant has much potential, and I will probably watch some FB and SB videos and switch.

Possible L9P solutions:

3-look L9P solution: L5EOP, COLL, EPLL
Other 3-look solution: L5EO, COLL, L5EP
Yet another one: DF, OLL, PLL
Aaannnd another one: L5EOP, OCLL, PLL
Hopefully the last one: OCLL, L5EOCP, L5EP

Last edited:

brododragon

Update: Averaging 12.5 to 14.5, 10/16 L5EP

I feel that the Hawaiian Roux variant has much potential, and I will probably watch some FB and SB videos and switch.

Possible L5P solutions:

3-look L5P solution: L5EOP, COLL, EPLL
Other 3-look solution: L5EO, COLL, L5EP
Yet another one: DF, OLL, PLL
Aaannnd another one: L5EOP, OCLL, PLL
Hopefully the last one: OCLL, L5EOCP, L5EP
I would personally do L5EO, COLL, EPLL. Seems like it has the best ergonomics and recognition.

EDIT: I meant recognition not regrips.

Last edited:
YouTube
Visit Channel
Update: spamming solves, averaging 12 to 14, decided not to pursue Hawaiian Roux, as easy arrows are more common than easy FBs. I will be sticking with Hawaiian CFOP for now.

Fun fact: Hawaiian CFOP allows you to predict even beyond your first pair, as arrow takes quite few moves.

BTW, I don’t think I said this yet, I am x2 y color neutral (I think that’s what it’s called, I can do white or yellow arrow, and have the missing cross piece be any side color)

Last edited: