• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Quest for Sub-7 with roux

mukerflap

I win when i get a sub 7 average in comp
I hope to get sub 7 in a year, I do 100-300 solves every day and currently average mid 10
Screenshot_2020-05-14 csTimer - Professional Rubik's Cube Speedsolving Training Timer.png
this is my cs timer as of may 14

currently working on:
EOLR
planning second square
TPS
consistent sub 5 blocks
CMLL recog from all sides
knowing how all CMLLs effect EO

Last edited:
GL! Just FYI here's what Kian knows (you probably already know this):
CMLL: All basic CMLLs, some good CMLLEOs, all CMLLs that preserve EO and some useful OLLCP cases for pinkie pie
LSE: All the EOLR cases in his doc, and all of 4c and EO (obviously)
BLOCKS: He knows all the algs in his SB document

mukerflap

GL! Just FYI here's what Kian knows (you probably already know this):
CMLL: All basic CMLLs, some good CMLLEOs, all CMLLs that preserve EO and some useful OLLCP cases for pinkie pie
LSE: All the EOLR cases in his doc, and all of 4c and EO (obviously)
BLOCKS: He knows all the algs in his SB document
kian doesnt use cmlleo or pinkie pie, and his eolr is outdated

mukerflap

fastest solve today:
7.39 D R2 F2 R2 B2 R2 U2 L2 D F2 U' F2 L' U2 L' B' F' L' U' F2 D
FB z' y R2 D R U' B R U F' 8/8
SB r U r U r U' r M' U' M U2 R U' r' 14/22
CMLL U R' U' R' F R F' R U' R' U2 R 12/34
LSE U M' U' M U M2 U2 M2 8/42
42 stm 5.7tps

Owen Morrison

WCA
2017MORR06
YouTube
Visit Channel
Bump. How's this going? You've made insane progress in your career, I hope you haven't burned out

dont really care about this anymore
If he isn't over exaggerating in his signature he is sub 10 now, although if he really is he must have gotten over half a second faster in half a month, which is very fast improvement.

Last edited:

ProStar

WCA
2020MAHO01
SS Competition Results
If he isn't over exaggerating in his signature he is sub 10 now, although if he really is he must have gotten over half a second faster in half a month, which doesn't seem likely when you average that fast.

He solves a whole bunch, I'm 5 seconds slower but I improved by a second in 100 solves. Based on what he's said and what I've seen in previous posts, he does a few hundred solves a day

GenTheSnail

WCA
2016GEEN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
first sub 7 on cam omg wow wtf omg
Nice solve!

I would highly suggest you get into the habit of not holding the cube when you start solves (especially for OH, as I noticed you do on another video on your channel). I personally got out of this habit, but as I also primarily solve on a laptop, I don't release my cubes and have them fly into the screen or anything, which I would also recommend if you could.
You know, Jay's whole "unofficial solves don't matter" thing. It actually makes sense.

Either way, nice solve!