• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Pyraminx Method Neutral?

CapriPhonix

I'm currently using top first (1Flip, Oka, Nutella, etc) but I was wondering: Is it possible to be method neutral on pyraminx? Is it worth it? I feel like some scrambles a v-first will be better, and seeing the rise of l4e these days made me wonder if you could get the best of both worlds by being method neutral. Thoughts?

Rcuber123

WCA
2014TAMI01
Most top first guys are method neutral. In the description of Drew's WR average even says that the method he used was whatever worked. L4E is actually quite similar to top first fundamentally but vastly different turning style. Pyraminx as an event has a totally different turning style so getting used to two turning styles shouldn't be a problem. Wouldn't recommend trying to be method neutral if u don't take pyra seriously though.