• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

PVC Coating

MarkA64

How has your experience been with PVC coating? What cubes did you get it serviced on? Share your thoughts!

I'm currently considering getting a coated WR M, Meilong M, or RS3 M.

I'm also considering sending in my Gan X to be coated.

Last edited:

Mischiiii

I can give you my impressions once my cubes arrive. I ordered a Cosmic GTSM3 and Cosmic Gan 356 XS both with PVC Coating. I have the original cubes at home soni can compare.

Mischiiii

How long would sending a cube from Australia to the US take, the it coming back after being coated?
probably 3-4 days shipping (express) + 5-8 days coating + 3-4 days shipping (express)

i ordered new cubes from speedcubeshop so its 5-8 days costing + cosmic service + 3-4 days shipping usa to Germany.

MarkA64

Is there any way I could do a pvc coating myself? If not how much do they cost?
thx.
It currently costs 24.95 plus shipping to PVC coat your cube.
Speedcubeshop is providing the service of PVC coating, but they have not sold '"coating kits".

I would rather have it professionally done, personally.

Also does anybody have their email for inquiries? I haven't gotten a reply in the live chat.

Edit: I think it's [email protected] but I'm not sure.

Mischiiii

It currently costs 24.95 plus shipping to PVC coat your cube.
Speedcubeshop is providing the service of PVC coating, but they have not sold '"coating kits".

I would rather have it professionally done, personally.

Also does anybody have their email for inquiries? I haven't gotten a reply in the live chat.

Edit: I think it's [email protected] but I'm not sure.
[email protected] is 100% right. I got a mail from this adress after a reply to the „Cameron Brown Thank You“-Mail after my last order.

MarkA64

SCS is making it optional to have the clear overlay (the kind of stickers) when you get PVC coating. Does anyone know if the overlay makes it better?

Mischiiii

SCS is making it optional to have the clear overlay (the kind of stickers) when you get PVC coating. Does anyone know if the overlay makes it better?
They’ve asked me if i wanted the clear overlays. I said i don’t want them because you can see them and some said it feels like there are stickers On the cube.
I think the two cubes will arrive next weekend. I’ll try to remember to post my experience here.