• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Puzzle1: a 2d twisty puzzle game

Portponky

I have made a 2d twisty puzzle game and I thought it might be of interest around these parts so here you go.

Features
  • Twisty puzzle action
  • Built in timer and averager (including DNF) which you can copy paste
  • Fully editable colour scheme with a cool dial thing
  • Ten twisty puzzles built in, including a hungarian rings style puzzle.
  • Puzzles are specified in a fairly simple xml format so you can make your own...
  • Windows version at the moment but linux / mac a possibility

Screenshots here!
hexagon.png
hungarianrings.png
puzzle1.png

Download the beast
Download windows version

Instructions
  1. open a puzzle
  2. click scramble
  3. left/right click on the brown handles until all the colours line up
  4. go back to step 2

This is the first version so if you find any bugs or have any feature requests please let me know and I'll see what I can do. Have fun.

davidgreece

WCA
2011LIND02
YouTube
Visit Channel
pretty interesting from the pictures i see

how come when you click a circle it highlights? and you should add the option of turning the sides the different way its kinda irritating to click that thing 3 times to get to the right place you want it

Last edited:

Portponky

how come when you click a circle it highlights?

That is marking which you can turn off in the options menu. I think it should be off by default but I might have messed that up. It's just to allow you to highlight some pieces to keep track of them.

you should add the option of turning the sides the different way its kinda irritating to click that thing 3 times to get to the right place you want it

Left click = anticlockwise
Right click = clockwise