• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Lapse.

WCA
2016WYNG01
My thunderclap 4x4 M is very slow for both inner and outer layers. I have lubed it already, but I have used slightly stronger magnets in the inner layer, making it even slower than ootb. Does spring compression help?

My thunderclap is also the exact same, for me i have to really aggressively turn and do about 30 solves before it starts to feel real good, and then the next day it goes back to being a terrible thing to turn. That bein said, i never set it up or cleaned it or did anything to the puzzle after i bought it. Maybe its due to the small size. Not really sure about spring compression for the thunderclap springs because i tried to compress it and it doesn't really go down much further, i only managed to compress mine by 1mm. You could cut the springs off or do a spring swap. OR maybe get a better 4x4 :/

WCA
2023FUKU01
It should help, yes. My mini Wuque was extremely sluggish ootb and nothing I did with lube or tensions helped. I then did the spring compression which made the cube clickier and faster whilst still being stable.
My thunderclap is also the exact same, for me i have to really aggressively turn and do about 30 solves before it starts to feel real good, and then the next day it goes back to being a terrible thing to turn. That bein said, i never set it up or cleaned it or did anything to the puzzle after i bought it. Maybe its due to the small size. Not really sure about spring compression for the thunderclap springs because i tried to compress it and it doesn't really go down much further, i only managed to compress mine by 1mm. You could cut the springs off or do a spring swap. OR maybe get a better 4x4 :/
I have tried to compress the springs, but it seems to be impossible. Maybe I am not skillful enough to do the mod. I may think of getting another 4x4.

Lapse.

WCA
2016WYNG01
I have tried to compress the springs, but it seems to be impossible. Maybe I am not skillful enough to do the mod. I may think of getting another 4x4.

yeah i think the springs are thicker. they just dont compress as easily as shown in some videos, although those are for the wuque which amy use different springs. Just get a good 4x4 from the start, my 4x4 times should probably be seconds better if i was using a good cube and not this "thunderflap" 4x4... makes me lose motivation to practice 4x4.

AbsoRuud

WCA
2019POLL04
YouTube
Visit Channel
I used to like the QiDi S, but after getting used to the MGC 2x2x2 I can't use the QiDi anymore. It's too fast, too locky and too catchy.
I still love the Warrior W though. It's a cube I regularly solve on. I put some QiYi lube in it and it works very well for me.
The QiYuan is crap. It's nice to learn 4x4x4 on when you can't turn faster than 0.5 TPS, but once you start speedsolving on it, you're gonna wish you had a decent cube like a MeiLong 4 or a YLM 4x4x4 M, if you want to keep things on a budget.

PetrusQuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
In previous posts, I may have mentioned that I had a trashly tensioned Aolong V2. That was done by me. I experimented, and couldn't get it back to what it was :(. Now I want to have a try at loosening/tightening my GTS2M a little to see if it fits my style better. Should I risk it?

WCA
2017MORR05
YouTube
Visit Channel
In previous posts, I may have mentioned that I had a trashly tensioned Aolong V2. That was done by me. I experimented, and couldn't get it back to what it was :(. Now I want to have a try at loosening/tightening my GTS2M a little to see if it fits my style better. Should I risk it?
Absolutely! the best way to get a cube to even tensions is to make the screw flush with a little circle in the center, then loosen/tighten each side the same amount

American1133

I use the Gan 356 x and when I got it it was nice tight and couldn’t corner twist now after breaking in the cube it is loose and can corner twist how do I fix this

Reeny Cubing

take off center caps and take out the green springs and put in the yellow ones provided in the gan box I think.
(don't actually have a gan x but that's what I think)

C

Cubinwitdapizza

I believe you push down and then turn right and that should tighten them.