• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!
WCA
2016WYNG01
I have tried to compress the springs, but it seems to be impossible. Maybe I am not skillful enough to do the mod. I may think of getting another 4x4.
yeah i think the springs are thicker. they just dont compress as easily as shown in some videos, although those are for the wuque which amy use different springs. Just get a good 4x4 from the start, my 4x4 times should probably be seconds better if i was using a good cube and not this "thunderflap" 4x4... makes me lose motivation to practice 4x4.

I used to like the QiDi S, but after getting used to the MGC 2x2x2 I can't use the QiDi anymore. It's too fast, too locky and too catchy.
I still love the Warrior W though. It's a cube I regularly solve on. I put some QiYi lube in it and it works very well for me.
The QiYuan is crap. It's nice to learn 4x4x4 on when you can't turn faster than 0.5 TPS, but once you start speedsolving on it, you're gonna wish you had a decent cube like a MeiLong 4 or a YLM 4x4x4 M, if you want to keep things on a budget.

In previous posts, I may have mentioned that I had a trashly tensioned Aolong V2. That was done by me. I experimented, and couldn't get it back to what it was :(. Now I want to have a try at loosening/tightening my GTS2M a little to see if it fits my style better. Should I risk it?

WCA
2017MORR05
In previous posts, I may have mentioned that I had a trashly tensioned Aolong V2. That was done by me. I experimented, and couldn't get it back to what it was :(. Now I want to have a try at loosening/tightening my GTS2M a little to see if it fits my style better. Should I risk it?
Absolutely! the best way to get a cube to even tensions is to make the screw flush with a little circle in the center, then loosen/tighten each side the same amount