• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

PUZL.co.uk Cubes

Kieran

YouTube
KristinKieran
I realise their have been many threads about these particular cubes, but I finally received my 3 the other day:

Competition Standard Cube, 3x3x3
Eastsheen 4x4x4 and,
Eastsheen 5x5x5

I will be posting a review video soon, because camera wont work with my laptop at the moment, but what I can say is that they are all good cubes, but not amazing. To be honest, I expected better. The CSC didn't feel smooth at all when I first got it and after adjusting the tension it popped non-stop so I have had to play around with it a bit. I have crap lube, and didn't want to lube it yet, but would probably work better with better lube. Feels nice though and the sitckers are amazing.

4x4x4: It's really nice, just needs some lube and a slight tension adjustment because it is too tight to cut any corners at all. Really, really smooth and cool noise. Would recommend it!

5x5x5: Works really well and is also really smooth. Can move single layers really easily and also 2 and 3 layers. Works great (First solve in about 25 minutes!) I don't think anything needs to be done to this cube.

All the stickers are really nice and work really well and feel like they will last for ages.

One question: I have W5 Universal Silicon Oil and was wondering if it would damage the cubes, thanks.

Video coming within the next week, just need to fix my camera/computer, and if you have any questions, feel free to ask.

JohnnyA

WCA
2009ADLA01
My competition standard cube is amazing. Maybe you set the tension too low? It should be set so when you pull the L and R sides you get about 2-3 mm between the M slice and each side. Mine never pops, and turns great.

teller

REAL Fingertricks!
WCA
2010COAT01
YouTube
TellerWest
I LOVE my Puzl CSC 3x3. I haven't modified it at all...it felt great right out of the box. A bit noisy, perhaps, but that seems to be mitigating as I break it in. It's already pretty loose so I wouldn't dream of reducing the tension. No pops yet.