• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Prisma Puzzle Timer Requests

What should be added/changed to PPT?

• Make more past times visible in the bottom left

Votes: 50 32.9%
  • Easier input of times

Votes: 64 42.1%
  • Relay scrambler

Votes: 64 42.1%
  • QJ Timer support

Votes: 74 48.7%
  • Better Square-1 scrample generator

Votes: 40 26.3%
  • Support for other timers

Votes: 56 36.8%

• Total voters

Methuselah96

WCA
2012BIER01
Back up puzzletimer.h2 before using any new version of Prisma Puzzle Timer.

A stable version has not yet been released yet, but feel free to try out this beta version.

Current build (not recommended build): https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/62842531/PrismaPuzzleTimer.jar

New features in current build:
- Ability to change look and feel
- Added 8x8 and 9x9 puzzles
- Added feedback button
- Personal records are announced after using the Add Solution dialog box
- Added choice for manual input
- See raw data of timers
- Choose between milliseconds and centiseconds
- Edit and retry solves from the main screen
- Automatically scrolls to current selection in history table
- Ability to hide the scramble viewer

I am working on timer compatibility.

Bitbucket repository: https://bitbucket.org/Methuselah96/puzzle-timer

I am an experienced Java programmer who has been looking at the source code of Prisma Puzzle Timer. No work has been done on this program since August 2012 (besides a Polish translation by Kuba Zbaraszewski in May 2013). If anyone has suggestions on the most important things to add/changed to Prisma Puzzle Timer I am willing to help make those a reality. Please post ideas below and I will create a poll to see which ideas are the most wanted. Thank you.

Last edited:

scottishcuber

WCA
2013MAHM02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Well if I have a few very small details:
-be able to see the last 12+ times on the bottom left list (so i know what to roll)
-easier input of times by typing (rather than pressing ctrl-A and then the time everytime) when using a stackmat with no data input
- relay scrambler like in qqtimer (5 3x3s, 234, 2345, 234567 etc.)

I cant think of anything substantial atm.

Methuselah96

WCA
2012BIER01
Does your QJ timer not work at all or does it stop at about 0.25 secs or something like that? I don't have a QJ timer.

googlebleh

WCA
2012WEEC01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Does your QJ timer not work at all or does it stop at about 0.25 secs or something like that? I don't have a QJ timer.

Yeah, Prisma will recognize that I have a timer plugged in, and the timer will start just fine, but Prisma will stop timing in under a second (typically ~0.63 for me, and I have heard others consistently report times under a second).

I guess if you don't have a timer, someone could send you audio clips of the input when starting, stopping, etc. I'd do it myself, but I can't get started on it for a couple days.

Mollerz

Swag Overlord
WCA
2011MOLL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I think the best way to do the multiple timers thing would be you select what stackmat timer you are using via options menu, (Gen 2, Pro or QJ). This would make it heaps easier for both user and programmer.

RCTACameron

WCA
2010STOL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I was using the 15 second inspection timer with my stackmat for a while, and it worked fine. However, I stopped using it because even though it displayed the 15 second countdown, it didn't beep after 8 and 12 seconds. Does anyone know why this could've happened, or how it could be fixed?

kunparekh18

WCA
2013PARE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I've got loads of suggestions

-qqtimer-style scrambles (random state, I guess) for 2x2, Pyra, sq-1 and any other that may not be random state
-ability to remember sessions in history

One session means the set of all solves done for a puzzle at a time (without switching to other puzzles), right? So, history should remember each and every session I did, and so when I select a solve and click "Select session" it should select the whole session, irrelevant of whether the session is the current one.

-suppose the last solve I did yesterday was some sub-14, and then today the first 4 solves I did were sub-14 I would get a pb avg5 (considering my previous pb was sup-14), this isn't supposed to happen I guess, even for avg12s, so it could be made such that pb averages would be counted only if all the solves making up the average were in the same session.

Will add other thoughts later, sorry if all this is asking too much :)

-BLD mode like qqtimer pwetty please :)
-maybe breakdowns like ctimer.co.uk?

Last edited:

Methuselah96

WCA
2012BIER01
Last edited:

ryanj92

WCA
2012JONE03
YouTube
Visit Channel
A multi-phase timer, like the one in CSTimer would be pretty cool, for relays and BLD.
Ability for each category to be able to hold more than one scramble, so customised relay scrambles can be generated.
Ability to hide the preview cube (for stuff like BLD and OLL/PLL training it's really not good)

Thanks in advance, offering the cubing community anything seems to be tricky nowadays :)

EMI

WCA
2011RHEI01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I like how times are displayed on CCT. The latest 12 solves are marked, also the latest 5 solves, same with best avg5 and avg12. Also a MultiBLD scrambler would be nice (if that doesnt count as relay already). Maybe you should also think about a scrambling algorithm for BLD that scrambles the orientation of the cube, too (using Rw/ Fw/ Uw moves for 3BLD, multiBLD and 5BLD). They still should be optimal of course.
Although I got used to the Strg-A thing I would like a faster way to insert times, too. Also times should be easier to edit imo, and the input should be more "intelligent" maybe. I.e., comma instead of dot should still work. And if I mistype, instead of saving "00:00.00" there should be a warning that I did something wrong.
Square-1 scrambling can be super slow and you can tell parity from the scrambles. CsTimer definately does a better job on that (still not perfect, but much better)
Maybe an option should be added so scrambles of 2x2 and pyraminx have to be 4 moves at least. Maybe an option for non-optimal scrambling of 2x2 and pyraminx, so that you can't tell an easy solution from the length of the scrambling. (in this case there should still be the option of minimum-4-moves-optimal-solution).

That's a lot of wishes ... maybe we will eventually see the "perfect" timer?

Methuselah96

WCA
2012BIER01
These are all great suggestions! I am currently waiting for a 2.5mm to 3.5mm cord to come in the mail (7-10 days shipping) so I can connect a StackMat Pro and StackMat Gen2 to my computer and standardize these times. In the meantime I will be trying to figure out how to get these timers to work without the cord. If anyone sends me a sound.dat by using this program http://www.stefan-pochmann.info/misc/stackmat/StackmatViewer.zip it will greatly speed up the process. Keep up the suggestions!