• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Practise Cubes

Eduard Khil

Does anybody suggest making "practise cubes"?

Like I buy 3 cubes,

Put stickers only for the white cross,
Put F2L stickers on the second cube,
And then have a fully stickered cube for OLL and PLL?

And for Roux,

Put only First block stickers on one,
Put F2B stickers on the other one,
Put f2B + corners on the third one
and A fully stickered cube?

I'm not planning to go for color neutrality.

ender9994

WCA
2008GROM01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I think I would recommend against a cube just for the cross. You would lose out on practicing look-ahead for the first f2l pair. You also would not be able to practice identifying easy x-cross possibilities.

-Doug

mark49152

Premium Member
WCA
2015RIVE05
YouTube
Visit Channel
I bought two identical cubes and stickered one but not the other. Then I just swap pieces between them depending on what I want to practice.

At the moment I have it as a cross+1 cube.

Smiles

YouTube
Visit Channel
no no no no don't do that... there actually is no reason to do that and there are many reasons why you shouldn't do that.

and how can you make roux practice cubes anyway? are you using a fixed colour scheme?

josh42732

This actually sounds like a good idea for BLD. You could put only the edges on and practice edges BLD and like mark49152 said, you could just swap out the cubies. Well, I guess that if you swapped out the edges, then you would have an edges cube and a corners cube, but you could use it to practice MBLD. The memo is exactly like a normal 3x3, but you would get the practice of switching cubes in mid-solve.

Smiles

YouTube
Visit Channel
This actually sounds like a good idea for BLD. You could put only the edges on and practice edges BLD and like mark49152 said, you could just swap out the cubies. Well, I guess that if you swapped out the edges, then you would have an edges cube and a corners cube, but you could use it to practice MBLD. The memo is exactly like a normal 3x3, but you would get the practice of switching cubes in mid-solve.

why cant you just ignore the edges or ignore the corners? during real memo you'll have to ignore them anyway

josh42732

why cant you just ignore the edges or ignore the corners? during real memo you'll have to ignore them anyway

Just an idea. I guess that it is more satisfying when you take off the blindfold and see that all of the edges by themselves are solved with nothing else, but I didn't think of that.