• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Posting a thread to the video gallery:

windhero

WCA
2013COCO01
YouTube
giu1644
First I posted a ShuangRen review and it was moved in the middle of the ShuangRen post that is like 80 pages long. Basically the forum mod decided that he doesn't want my thread to be shown so he/she preferred to drown it in a big thread, while the reviews of other cubers that are more known like cyoubx's are not touched.

Then I make a review and unboxing from Fasttech.com. First I notice that the thread discussing the page is locked, so I make a thread about the video. I get comments from people that have cube shop sites advertised in their signatures about petty details such as a bad choice of words. Then the thread gets locked before any intelligent discussion begins.

I'm thinking of uploading a third video about the proper way to assemble the cube, but I somehow have the feeling that some mod does not like me and that the thread or post will be hidden or deleted anyway.
None of my threads were against any kind of regulations at all. I read the forum rules.

What the hell? If you go ahead and delete my threads one after another, atleast have the decency to contact me via PM and offer an explanation. Seriously starting to seem like the moderation staff is corrupted.

And by the way, now I'm taking screenshots of every single thread I make so you cant just hide them and hope no one will know.

Last edited:

MaeLSTRoM

WCA
2011WALL02
YouTube
MLSTRMRVLTN
A while back there was a bit of a push to unify threads about new cubes into one thread per cube, so all reviews, unboxings and impression videos get moved into that one thread. This would be why the first one was moved.

Secondly, I would think that the thread was closed to prevent spam, it had obviously attracted the wrong type of people, as some shop threads do.

You should upload the video on how to assemble, but then place it in the cube's thread to start with. It helps keep all the information about 1 cube in the same place, instead of having to trawl around the forums looking for information.

Just as an aside, there seems to be a lot of hostility directed towards the mods here recently, but I can't help but think that it's because people don't pay attention to the posting rules enough. I'm fairly sure this hardware thread of 1 per cube has been mentioned somewhere before, but that's not as publicised so fair enough, but people seem to be complaining that threads that fall apart are being closed. This forum does at least try to keep constructive, and maybe people should think about whether their post actually adds anything to the discussion.

windhero

WCA
2013COCO01
YouTube
giu1644
A while back there was a bit of a push to unify threads about new cubes into one thread per cube, so all reviews, unboxings and impression videos get moved into that one thread. This would be why the first one was moved.

Secondly, I would think that the thread was closed to prevent spam, it had obviously attracted the wrong type of people, as some shop threads do.

You should upload the video on how to assemble, but then place it in the cube's thread to start with. It helps keep all the information about 1 cube in the same place, instead of having to trawl around the forums looking for information.

Just as an aside, there seems to be a lot of hostility directed towards the mods here recently, but I can't help but think that it's because people don't pay attention to the posting rules enough. I'm fairly sure this hardware thread of 1 per cube has been mentioned somewhere before, but that's not as publicised so fair enough, but people seem to be complaining that threads that fall apart are being closed. This forum does at least try to keep constructive, and maybe people should think about whether their post actually adds anything to the discussion.
I've watched all the other videos such as the cyoubx review. It was great, but it did not talk about the issue that my whole video was about. The review was about the same product but from a completely different angle. I kinda feel like the mods do not even watch the videos and then just immediately delete them or move them god knows where to be forgotten forever without even a simple comment or pm to explain the action. And it's not like I'll be posting my reviews in cyoubx's thread that is titled "XXXXXX - a review by cyoubx"

There were like 5 comments. The mod could've just deleted those comments, but he/she decided to delete the whole thread. The other shop threads go on for tens of pages. I'm curious on why my thread was basically deleted right after I made it. The spamming was definitely not going out of hand.

If the mods dont want to be suspected of corruption or anything like it, they could just bother to send a PM to the person whose thread they decide to delete. It's fairly frustrating to consume hours to make a video just to show it here and see the forum mods delete them one after another without a word to explain why.

Last edited:

Echo Cubing

I was in same situation,but i finally got why.
And,if you didn't get PM or notification,you can contact the admin. The moderator or admin were busy to check the forum.Forgive that.