• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Poll: your main 2x2

What is your 2x2 main?

• Total voters

qwr

YouTube
Visit Channel
Now with more choices and a poll that doesn't expire.
Let me know in the comments if you have a choice that's not on the poll.

Here's my noob 2x2 solver review of the 2x2s I own:
  • Little magic: Lightweight and actually pretty good for a budget cube. Plastic feels thin and the puzzle creaks when turning but the performance is there. My current main because I'm used to it but I'll probably switch to chuwen, xinghen, or valk.
  • Fangshi Xingyu: I bought this puzzle as part of a collection of older puzzles but it's actually quite decent. It is light, small (says it's 50mm but actually is about 49 mm), and flexible with springy corner cutting.
  • Weipo: extremely fast out of the box with snappy cornercutting and slightly bumpy turning. My cube is too fast for me but the cube itself has top level performance.
  • Qiyi Qidi W: budget 2x2 with hard qiyi plastic. It's clacky and has smooth a little heavy turning I actually quite like, but there's one fatal flaw and it is internal piece catching on something during reverse corner cuts that mess up my solves. Shame because the hollow clacky feel is pretty nice.
  • Valk 2M: I just got this puzzle. Solid, dense, a little heavy and big, smooth and quiet. The dense feel is very unique among 2x2s and it's something I need to get used to, but the performance in stability and corner cutting is objectively world class.
  • Xinghen: Feels like very soft plastic, at least with primary plastic version (see https://www.speedsolving.com/threads/which-cubes-have-softer-plastic.78908/). Extremely smooth and soft without any lube and has great corner cutting. I'd love to see more cubes with this kind of primary plastic.
  • WitTwo v1: old cube for the collection but turns remarkably well for a puzzle that old, with corner cutting comparable to today's top 2x2s. Very scratchy out of the box but with lube it becomes scratchy sounding but has smooth turning. Small catching and weird lockups can occur due to the funky mechanism.
  • Lingpo: I got this in transparent just because it was on sale. Good old moyu cube with scratchy turning, however the weipo is better.
  • Chuwen: This 2x2 has a very unique bumpy tactile feel when turning. Excellent corner cutting and the bumpy turning makes this cube very fun to use.
  • Eastsheen: this puzzle doesn't have screws or springs. 'nuff said.

Last edited:

Sub1Hour

WCA
2018BECK05
YouTube
Visit Channel
Now with more choices and a poll that doesn't expire.
Let me know in the comments if you have a choice that's not on the poll.
To my knowledge. the Valk2 is still the best on the market right now, but I'm probably gonna pick up the MGC elite in a few months and I'm hoping it combines qualities of both better than my spring swapped Valk.

Sub1Hour

WCA
2018BECK05
YouTube
Visit Channel
I am assuming by the GuoGuan Xinghen you mean the Xinghen TSM.
There is actually someone in my state that used the Xinghen for the longest time, and I think he still does today. At this point, 2x2 hardware isn't progressing much further with each release and it's more based on qualities of the cube than performance.

Also, when I saw the TSM, I thought it would be the EDM all over again. Fantastic idea, sub-par execution. I'm hoping the TSM isn't just a fun little gimmick but a fully fleshed out speed cube.

D

Deleted member 54663

Same, I main the TSM because its the only good one I have.