• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

PLL Time Attack discussion

Vampirate713

While you are doing the PLL Time Attack, you usually end up with an unsolved cube. I want to know if anyone knows of an order where you do each of the PLL's, and end up with a solved cube again?

MistArts

I'm sure people use different angles for each case, so you have to work out your own.

blah

brah
Mine goes back to the solved state :D AND it's nice to perform (for me). I was customizing my PLL order to get a smooth transition from every PLL to the next, and I got a solved cube at the end by chance, so that order's been stuck ever since.

G: R U R' y' R2 Uw' R U' R' U R' Uw R2 (smooth transition into next G)
G: R'2 Uw' R U' R U R' Uw R2 y R U' R' (smooth transition into next G)
G: R' U' R y R'2 Uw R' U R U' R Uw' R2 (smooth transition into next G)
G: R'2 Uw R' U R' U' R Uw' R2 y' R' U R (smooth transition into N)
N: R' U R U' R' F' U' F R U R' F R' F' R U' R (smooth transition into next N)
N: R U' R' U Lw U F U' R' F' R U' R U Lw' U Lw' (smooth transition into E)
E: U R' U' L U R U' Rw'2 U' R U L U' R' U (smooth transition into A)
A: R U' R D2 R' U R D2 R'2 (smooth transition into next A)
A: R2 D'2 R' U' R D'2 R' U R'
H: M'2 U M'2 U2 M'2 U M'2 (smooth transition into Z)
Z: U2 M'2 U M'2 U M' U2 M'2 U2 M'
R: U R U'2 R' U2 Lw U' R' F' R F R U (R' Lw') (smooth transition into F)
F: U' R' U R U' (R' Lw') Dw' R' U R y' R U R' U' (R Lw) (smooth transition into R)
R: R' U2 R U'2 R' F R U R' U' R' F' R2 U' (smooth transition into V)
V: R' U R' U' y R' F' R2 U' R' U R' F R F (smooth transition into U)
U: R U' R U R U R U' R' U' R2 (smooth transition into next U)
U: R'2 U R U R' U' R' U' R' U R' (smooth transition into Y)
Y: F R U' R' U' R U R' F' R U R' U' R' F' R F' (smooth transition into T)
T: R U R' U' R' F R2 U' R' U' R U R' F' (smooth transition into J)
J: R U2 R' U' R U2 L' U R' U' Rw (smooth transition into next J) (the RFU J perm flows nicely from T, but not to the next J)
J: (you already did an x rotation) U2 Rw' U' Rw U2 Lw' U R' U' R2
Solved!

If you use non-slicing H and Z perms, then the whole sequence just flows like magic. But, I like slicing :p

I can hit 9.xx tps from the nice R perm onwards. It's part of my "philosophy" that PLL time attacks should start with the bad algs and end with the nice ones, this way I can just stop the timer and reset if I don't sub-8 after the G's, or if I don't sub-13 after the N's, something like that. And smooth algs at the end are always better because that's when you tend to get nervous and lock up.

It's not the best, but it can't be a bad sequence either, because I can sub-40 with it :D

Last edited:

Zarxrax

I've recently finished learning the PLLs, and I'm interested in PLL time attack.
I still make frequent mistakes on some of my PLLs, so just doing all 21 PLLs and then finding out if I did it correctly isn't going to work for me.
I'm ideally looking for an order where the cube will return to a solved state at the end, and at least a few other times throughout the solve. I was able to work this out myself for about half of the algorithms, but then I started getting stuck.

Is something like this possible at all?

blah

brah
G G G G N N E A A H Z R F R V U U Y T J J

Cube returns to solved state after execution :) Check out my signature if you want some credibility ;) Would you like a video of this? Or would a list of the exact algs I perform suffice?

Zaxef

WCA
2009MATH02
G G G G N N E A A H Z R F R V U U Y T J J

Cube returns to solved state after execution :) Check out my signature if you want some credibility ;) Would you like a video of this? Or would a list of the exact algs I perform suffice?

Please do list them
including cube rotations too.. since I don't end up with a solved cube :/

Last edited:

blah

brah
This was from another thread quite some time ago, but it got ignored :mad: :p ;) I've changed some stuff since then, but (1) it gets the cube back to the solved state, and (2) it's sub-40-able, so you should be fine with it.

Mine goes back to the solved state :D AND it's nice to perform (for me). I was customizing my PLL order to get a smooth transition from every PLL to the next, and I got a solved cube at the end by chance, so that order's been stuck ever since.

G: R U R' y' R2 Uw' R U' R' U R' Uw R2 (smooth transition into next G)
G: R'2 Uw' R U' R U R' Uw R2 y R U' R' (smooth transition into next G)
G: R' U' R y R'2 Uw R' U R U' R Uw' R2 (smooth transition into next G)
G: R'2 Uw R' U R' U' R Uw' R2 y' R' U R (smooth transition into N)
N: R' U R U' R' F' U' F R U R' F R' F' R U' R (smooth transition into next N)
N: R U' R' U Lw U F U' R' F' R U' R U Lw' U Lw' (smooth transition into E)
E: U R' U' L U R U' Rw'2 U' R U L U' R' U (smooth transition into A)
A: R U' R D2 R' U R D2 R'2 (smooth transition into next A)
A: R2 D'2 R' U' R D'2 R' U R'
H: M'2 U M'2 U2 M'2 U M'2 (smooth transition into Z)
Z: U2 M'2 U M'2 U M' U2 M'2 U2 M'
R: U R U'2 R' U2 Lw U' R' F' R F R U (R' Lw') (smooth transition into F)
F: U' R' U R U' (R' Lw') Dw' R' U R y' R U R' U' (R Lw) (smooth transition into R)
R: R' U2 R U'2 R' F R U R' U' R' F' R2 U' (smooth transition into V)
V: R' U R' U' y R' F' R2 U' R' U R' F R F (smooth transition into U)
U: R U' R U R U R U' R' U' R2 (smooth transition into next U)
U: R'2 U R U R' U' R' U' R' U R' (smooth transition into Y)
Y: F R U' R' U' R U R' F' R U R' U' R' F' R F' (smooth transition into T)
T: R U R' U' R' F R2 U' R' U' R U R' F' (smooth transition into J)
J: R U2 R' U' R U2 L' U R' U' Rw (smooth transition into next J) (the RFU J perm flows nicely from T, but not to the next J)
J: (you already did an x rotation) U2 Rw' U' Rw U2 Lw' U R' U' R2
Solved!

If you use non-slicing H and Z perms, then the whole sequence just flows like magic. But, I like slicing :p

I can hit 9.xx tps from the nice R perm onwards. It's part of my "philosophy" that PLL time attacks should start with the bad algs and end with the nice ones, this way I can just stop the timer and reset if I don't sub-8 after the G's, or if I don't sub-13 after the N's, something like that. And smooth algs at the end are always better because that's when you tend to get nervous and lock up.

It's not the best, but it can't be a bad sequence either, because I can sub-40 with it :D

I'll make a video if you still want my current PLL time attack sequence, just ask :)

DanHarris

WCA
2003HARR01
PLL Time Attack

Hi,

I have a question regarding PLL time attack - do you have to perform a full PLL including any final U turns or rotations?

So for example - on a solved cube, is (y) R' U' R U' R U R U' R' U R U R2 U' R' a valid PLL, or do you have to put U2 at the end?

Cheers,

Dan

DanHarris

WCA
2003HARR01
yeah but do you have to align U layer at the end? So for example, in the PLL time attack, the PLL you are doing might not correspond to the PLL on the cube, but you still have to execute it as if it were, ie in the example i gave, would you need to do U2 at the end?

Escher

Babby
WCA
2008KINN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
yeah but do you have to align U layer at the end? So for example, in the PLL time attack, the PLL you are doing might not correspond to the PLL on the cube, but you still have to execute it as if it were, ie in the example i gave, would you need to do U2 at the end?

Nah, you can ignore any pre or post AUFs completely :)