• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

PLL Recognition

BobTaco

So when I'm learning my PLLs should I learn to recognize from all 4 angles or do I only need the 1? Also any tips on recognizing OLL?

pglewis

WCA
2016LEWI07
PLL recognition: I would make 2-sided recognition an ultimate goal but it's something you'll likely work on for a while. I'm not 100%, myself, but it's something that has improved for me over time without really drilling it much. One method: https://sarah.cubing.net/3x3x3/pll-recognition-guide

OLL recognition: the most basic subdivision is probably four groups based on the edge orientation: Dot, I, L, or OCLL. The more fine-grained break-down of shape groups in the wiki have been very useful to me while attacking full OLL: OCLL, Dot, P, W, L, C, T, I, Square, Big Lightning, Small Lightning, Fish/Kite, Knight Moves, Awkward, and all corners oriented (Stealth, Mummy, Checkers).

Want to hide this ad and support the community?