• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Please Help

Yadhuraj

Ive started cubing 2 months ago. I use the begginers method. At first it took me 4 minutes to solve the cube but now ive bought a better one and in 2 months now i can solve the cube in 50 seconds. Now i had a challenge from my friend who will reach sub 30 first after the summer vacation (summer vacation is 2 months). We both have the same speed of solving. My question is : 1. How long will it take to learn CFOP and become sub 30 with CFOP. 2. How long will it take to learn Roux and get a sub 30 with roux

Yadhuraj

Learn F2L, 2 look OLL and PLL and do about 60 solves a day (timed) and you will have a good chance of being sub30 in 2 months
Initutive or algorithm F2L

What about roux??

Last edited by a moderator:

cuber314159

The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Norther...
WCA
2016EVAN06
YouTube
Visit Channel
What about roux??
I have very little experience with roux but if you want to use roux then learn 2 look CMLL (which you will basically already know if you know 2 look OLL and PLL)
And then l6e is intuitive which would be a bit annoying.
As for F2L do intuitive and if you struggle you could look at the algorithms. I do F2L on right so the algorithms are almost useless for me but I would recommend you get used to cross on bottom.

GenTheSnail

WCA
2016GEEN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
1. Use descriptive titles to your threads please. "Please help" doesn't tells anyone anything, especially because this is already in the help forums.

2. I average around 12, 15, and 19 for ZZ, CFOP, and Roux. I have never mained Roux, and only mained CFOP for about 7-8 months before switching to ZZ about two years ago.

3. CFOP will probably get you sub 30 faster because you already use beginners. The transition from corner->edge to corner+edge (F2L) will take a bit but since the other steps will remain largely unchanged, you should adjust fairly quickly. I would suggest figuring out F2L intuitively. After you have solutions for all ~40 cases, comparing them to algs from both expert cubers and just from algdb. This way you'll have the fundamental understanding of F2L, but also eliminate all of the stupid beginner mistakes and get good algs.

If you use Roux, you might lose the race to sub 30, but you'll probably win the eventual race to sub 20 and so on. Because Roux has a fundamentally different approach, it will take longer to learn, since you will be relearning more. If you do chose roux, try and refrain from using CFOP-y tricks to solve blocks. Learn proper block building and L6E techniques and finger tricks.

However, all of this is purely affected by how much you practice. If you only do an average of 12 a week, you most certainly won't get sub 30, no matter which method you chose. If you do 100 solves a day, you could get sub 30 even without changing from beginners.

tldr; It really doesn't matter. Pick a method and start doing solves

Yadhuraj

1. Use descriptive titles to your threads please. "Please help" doesn't tells anyone anything, especially because this is already in the help forums.

2. I average around 12, 15, and 19 for ZZ, CFOP, and Roux. I have never mained Roux, and only mained CFOP for about 7-8 months before switching to ZZ about two years ago.

3. CFOP will probably get you sub 30 faster because you already use beginners. The transition from corner->edge to corner+edge (F2L) will take a bit but since the other steps will remain largely unchanged, you should adjust fairly quickly. I would suggest figuring out F2L intuitively. After you have solutions for all ~40 cases, comparing them to algs from both expert cubers and just from algdb. This way you'll have the fundamental understanding of F2L, but also eliminate all of the stupid beginner mistakes and get good algs.

If you use Roux, you might lose the race to sub 30, but you'll probably win the eventual race to sub 20 and so on. Because Roux has a fundamentally different approach, it will take longer to learn, since you will be relearning more. If you do chose roux, try and refrain from using CFOP-y tricks to solve blocks. Learn proper block building and L6E techniques and finger tricks.

However, all of this is purely affected by how much you practice. If you only do an average of 12 a week, you most certainly won't get sub 30, no matter which method you chose. If you do 100 solves a day, you could get sub 30 even without changing from beginners.

tldr; It really doesn't matter. Pick a method and start doing solves
Bro im sorry im posting my first thread so i had no idea thats why i put "please help". Anyway thanks for the information