• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Please! Help me with the 4x4!

tanjiajien

YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey guys,
I've just created a thread about this an hour ago.
But, I don't seem to get any replies at all.
Please, help me!

I just got my 4x4 cube today.
I wanted to lubricate it, but.. when i tried to pry out the edge piece,
it was really, really hard to do so.

When i tried to take it out, it's like stuck to the center piece connected to it.
Please help!
Answers will be very, very, much appreciated.

-Jay

LewisJ

If it's a Maru or YJ - try using your nails to grab just the edge piece and then pull it towards the corners next to it and out. It is hooked in by the invisible center edge inside the cube.

If it is a QJ/Mefferts - turn the top layer about 35-40 degrees so that the edge you want to take out is as close to only being over the middle layer edges as possible, then pop it out just like a 3x3 edge, maybe with a bit more force.

If it is an ES/Rubiks - get a different 4x4 :p

Last edited:

DaijoCube

YouTube
Visit Channel
No, the new 4x4x4 from Rubik's is very hard to pop. They modified the shape of the piece in order that they don't pop as much as old version.

Just go harder, seriously. I tried too, and it was hard.

miniGOINGS

I would suggest not getting the new Rubik's 4x4, except for maybe modification. Be careful while trying to take out the edge, it is very possible to snap a center piece (happened to me twice).

blizzardmb

YouTube
Visit Channel
This has happened to me before on my rubik's 5x5. All I did to fix it was use a knife and slowly and carefully cut them apart.

tanjiajien

YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey guys ... I tried to take out one of the edge pieces. And i found out why it was so hard. I broke the center piece. The hook that was hooking to the core was why it was so freaking hard to take out the edge piece. I am really sad now. The hook on the center piece is broken.. what should i do..?

SpUtnikCub3r

Hey guys,
I've just created a thread about this an hour ago.
But, I don't seem to get any replies at all.
Please, help me!

I just got my 4x4 cube today.
I wanted to lubricate it, but.. when i tried to pry out the edge piece,
it was really, really hard to do so.

When i tried to take it out, it's like stuck to the center piece connected to it.
Please help!
Answers will be very, very, much appreciated.

-Jay
Don't try to pry it out. i did that with my 4x4 and a center piece broke

Samania

@SpUtnikCub3r: I already pry it out. My center piece broke and now, I'll have to go to Toys'R'Us to redeem a new one since I can.

Instead of redeeming it, I would just refund it and spend the money on a good 4x4.

Lie and tell them it came that way :rolleyes:

dillonbladez

WCA
2010CHAN03
YouTube
Visit Channel
@SpUtnikCub3r: I already pry it out. My center piece broke and now, I'll have to go to Toys'R'Us to redeem a new one since I can.

Instead of redeeming it, I would just refund it and spend the money on a good 4x4.

good idea xD
How is the packaging on rubik's 4x4s? are the like the 3x3s?
are they always in the 'hexagonal' boxes?

Samania

good idea xD
How is the packaging on rubik's 4x4s? are the like the 3x3s?
are they always in the 'hexagonal' boxes?

Well believe or not, but I found a store that sells 4x4 for a really canadian price. They all came in this packaging :
rubik4.jpg