• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Permutation League! Season 2 Cancelled. :(

Is this a good idea?

• Yes

Votes: 10 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Agam Chawla

Hey I wanna participate
Avg. less than 13.5
Also I have a youtube channel BUT have not posted anything,
if you want I can post something can you tell me what to do
Also Please share the dicord link agains
Thanks

Jam88

YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey I wanna participate
Avg. less than 13.5
Also I have a youtube channel BUT have not posted anything,
if you want I can post something can you tell me what to do
Also Please share the dicord link agains
Thanks
It doesn't matter if you have not posted on your channel.
This will be at 6-8pm GMT over the course of 12-18th April. If you can't make these times, please don't sign up.

Agam Chawla

I am just concerned about the timing as Im in India and 6 pm is like 11 pm so Can something be done and if not I might not reply but Cheers for the future hope this succeeds
:)

Jam88

YouTube
Visit Channel
Perhpas more can be decided when people actually sign up, so we can get an idea of timezones
Yeah, probably. It seems to me though that Alex, Owen, Micah, Stone, Humble Cuber, and most of all, Nathan (the second commentator) are all in US timezones.
(I'm not sure whether ll of them will sign up, but Alex showed interest and the other 4 were in the last one)

Jam88

YouTube
Visit Channel
Shoot, I have no sense of time apparently. This is two days late, but better late than never :)
@Alex Davison @FishyIshy @PetrusQuber
Hi everyone, signups are now open! Please read this entire post before signing up. Participation in S1 does not guarantee a spot. You still have to signup again.

Participant Rules
No swearing/NSFW on stream or in the server.

How to signup and how qualifications will work
***Please note, signing up does not mean you will participate. That is what the qualifications are for***
If you want to signup, please PM both me and @Nmile7300 with a video of a recent ao25. Unedited video, scrambling included. Please also put the scrambles and times copied from CSTimer or any other timing app in a spoiler. I HAVE TO BE ABLE TO DOWNLOAD THE VIDEO, SO NO YOUTUBE LINKS. Dropbox set to everyone can download is good, Google Drive also good, or just upload video straight to here if possible. In the pm, also put your discord username and join the server https://discord.gg/kxHaThXFa5; also please say if there are any days you can't make (max of 2). The matches will be at 6-8 pm GMT over the dates 12-18th April.

Qualifications will work as follows:
1. Signups close, after about 2 or 3 weeks.
2. Nathan and I look at the videos, ensure that there is no cheating in the videos.
3. After any cheating has been eliminated, we pick either the 8 or 16 fastest people depending on how many signed up.
4. I or Nathan announce who will be in the League, and I will compile some solves from the videos they sent into a montage for a Permutation League Season 2 promo video (this is why I needed to be able to download them).

Genius Cuber

Shoot, I have no sense of time apparently. This is two days late, but better late than never :)
Hi everyone, signups are now open! Please read this entire post before signing up. Participation in S1 does not guarantee a spot. You still have to signup again.

Participant Rules

***Please note, signing up does not mean you will participate. That is what the qualifications are for***
If you want to signup, please PM both me and @Nmile7300 with a video of a recent ao25. Unedited video, scrambling included. Please also put the scrambles and times copied from CSTimer or any other timing app in a spoiler. I HAVE TO BE ABLE TO DOWNLOAD THE VIDEO, SO NO YOUTUBE LINKS. Dropbox set to everyone can download is good, Google Drive also good, or just upload video straight to here if possible. In the pm, also put your discord username and join the server https://discord.gg/kxHaThXFa5; also please say if there are any days you can't make (max of 2). The matches will be at 6-8 pm GMT over the dates 12-18th April.

2. Nathan and I look at the videos, ensure that there is no cheating in the videos.
3. After any cheating has been eliminated, we pick either the 8 or 16 fastest people depending on how many signed up.
4. I or Nathan announce who will be in the League, and I will compile some solves from the videos they sent into a montage for a Permutation League Season 2 promo video (this is why I needed to be able to download them).
can I just send the ao25 to you through discord

Jam88

YouTube
Visit Channel
There are methods to downloading youtube videos, one of them is using a website called y2mate
If YouTube themselves doesn’t provide a service, then I don’t trust it.
can I just send the ao25 to you through discord
Can you pm me and Nathan (@Nmile7300) on here anyway with the other info, but yes, you can send the vid to me through discord. I am Westsi #0412

D

Deleted member 55877

If YouTube themselves doesn’t provide a service, then I don’t trust it.
You can trust it. I have used it many times with no issues. Just ignore the "adobe flash update" things because flash is dead lol

PetrusQuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
I wonder how the time range will be now there are qualifications. Won’t prerecorded videos mean you don’t know if they predid the scrambles? Maybe a stream of 25 solves would’ve been better, and further promo
Could you update me again on how the scoring system will now work?

I’ll get to work on an ao25 soon

Jam88

YouTube
Visit Channel
I wonder how the time range will be now there are qualifications. Won’t prerecorded videos mean you don’t know if they predid the scrambles? Maybe a stream of 25 solves would’ve been better, and further promo
Could you update me again on how the scoring system will now work?

I’ll get to work on an ao25 soon
OK all valid concerns, but I also said that they have to also send their cstimer stats for that.
Scoring: win-3 points draw- 0 points loss- -3 points

You can trust it. I have used it many times with no issues. Just ignore the "adobe flash update" things because flash is dead lol
how do they make money then?

FishyIshy

YouTube
Visit Channel

Participant Rules

And where do I send my ao25? Also, how many comps will there be per person? I'm pretty sure that I'll be able to compete

Jam88

YouTube
Visit Channel
And where do I send my ao25? Also, how many comps will there be per person? I'm pretty sure that I'll be able to compete
In a PM to me and Nathan (Nmile7300). Either send the plain vid as a file, send as a Google Drive link, or as a Dropbox link (basically any way that I'll be able to download it)
So the rounds will be scheduled over the time frame. If there are any times you can't make, put that in the PM too.