• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Permutation League! Season 2 Cancelled. :(

Is this a good idea?

• Yes

Votes: 10 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PetrusQuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
Shoot, I have no sense of time apparently. This is two days late, but better late than never :)
@Alex Davison @FishyIshy @PetrusQuber
Hi everyone, signups are now open! Please read this entire post before signing up. Participation in S1 does not guarantee a spot. You still have to signup again.

Participant Rules
No swearing/NSFW on stream or in the server.

How to signup and how qualifications will work
***Please note, signing up does not mean you will participate. That is what the qualifications are for***
If you want to signup, please PM both me and @Nmile7300 with a video of a recent ao25. Unedited video, scrambling included. Please also put the scrambles and times copied from CSTimer or any other timing app in a spoiler. I HAVE TO BE ABLE TO DOWNLOAD THE VIDEO, SO NO YOUTUBE LINKS. Dropbox set to everyone can download is good, Google Drive also good, or just upload video straight to here if possible. In the pm, also put your discord username and join the server https://discord.gg/kxHaThXFa5; also please say if there are any days you can't make (max of 2). The matches will be at 6-8 pm GMT over the dates 12-18th April.

Qualifications will work as follows:
1. Signups close, after about 2 or 3 weeks.
2. Nathan and I look at the videos, ensure that there is no cheating in the videos.
3. After any cheating has been eliminated, we pick either the 8 or 16 fastest people depending on how many signed up.
4. I or Nathan announce who will be in the League, and I will compile some solves from the videos they sent into a montage for a Permutation League Season 2 promo video (this is why I needed to be able to download them).
Wait are we doing 4x4? How will that work?

Jam88

YouTube
Visit Channel
Do i just have to send an ao25 to join?
Look at this, but essentially, yes.
I did one, but I was less warmed up than I thought and ended up with a 14 average lol.
Should I redo?

I mean yeah it’s not an accurate representation of my times all the time, but it may be accurate especially if I don’t warm up enough on stream lol.
IDC, as long as you don't cheat, redos are fine.

Wait are we doing 4x4? How will that work?
So I have 6 days scheduled. first two will have 4x4, third will have half half, fourth+fifth will have 3x3 and 6th will have 3x3 and 4x4 final.
Points all go into ONE table, so 3x3 and 4x4 points combined. Qualifications will be based on 3x3 ao25's though, and all participants must compete in both.

Jam88

YouTube
Visit Channel
Having 4x4 in certainly evens the playing field.
Might want to tag some old participants also, the thread could just be lost in a sea of posts otherwise
Like @Humble Cuber @Micah Morrison @PingPongCuber @Owen Morrison @TheSlykrCubr

I would like to participate but I am too young to use discord, sorry I didnt say that earlier.
Discord is kind of essential, sorry. I'm sure there will be some that don't need discord though.

scrubizilla

YouTube
Visit Channel

PetrusQuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
It’s also noted that the time range will probably quite low for the final participants, below 20 seconds or so.
It depends on how many people sign up though.

There’s always the weekly comps and others though if you can’t compete, and you can always watch :)

Jam88

YouTube
Visit Channel
It’s also noted that the time range will probably quite low for the final participants, below 20 seconds or so.
It depends on how many people sign up though.

There’s always the weekly comps and others though if you can’t compete, and you can always watch :)
Yes, that is true. They were mostly below 20 seconds last time too, and I am hoping for at least 3 sub-10 solvers: Owen, Micah, FishyIshy

Lava_Castle

Wait, Im not sure, what age do you require to use Discord?
( I still might not participate, but it will be fun watching ;D)

pallycube

Hey there guys, it's Jam88 again.

So yesterday, watching some LaZer0MonKey, I had an idea. It was to make a "monkey league" but the qualification requirements are that you have to have a small cubing YT channel, not be really fast and have set NR/WR's.

RULES and SCHEDULE:
View attachment 14304
Tables!
EPLL TABLECPLL TABLE
namematches donepointsnamematches donepoints
Humble Cuber
4​
-9​
Owen Morrison
3​
3​
Micah Morrison
2​
6​
PetrusQuber
2​
0​
Rory O'Connor (SlykrCubr)
2​
-6​
Sean Dunne
3​
9​
MJS Cubing
2​
-6​
PingPongCuber
2​
6​

For more rules etc: https://www.speedsolving.com/thread...and-dates-confirmed.79024/page-4#post-1407575
View attachment 14273
It will be a TEAM EVENT for S2 again, dates announced.

S2 Post here

There is a discord server here and the official website is here. Enjoy the comp!
is having set NRs and WRs a must?