• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Unofficial] Pedro's 1:23.98 on bld

joey

WCA
2007GOUL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
That execution was faaast! Around 20s! Mine's around 1min average :( I need to try 3 cycle corners, it could be faster than Y perm corners.

I like the murmuring, and humming, i do that soemtimes!

H

hdskull

wow, so confident that it's solved, i like that. haha. great execution with minimal pauses.

i think the slice moves are crazy, especially M

H

hdskull

the Ms are just for edge orientation and the H perm...and sometimes for cycling edges, like M' U2 M U2

i mean how u move M is crazy i usually do r' R, but when i get my cube back i'll try ur way, cuz it not only looks awesome it's extremely fast too.:)

H

hdskull

how do you hold your cube for the M' ? because i tried to do it and it always its my left hand... help ?

h3ndrik

M' is quite easy to do with your ring fingers. i find it easier to do with my right ringfinger, but an U/U' aftwerwards doesn't seem to flow as well as if i did the M' with my left ringfinger.
for M2 it's a bit different. i rotate the right layer 45° towards me (half of R') and grab the UB edge of the middle layer with my right ringfinger and spin it as i undo the " half R' " which results in an M2. hope you could follow my instructions :)

( i'm not doing BLD, but using roux for normal 3x3 so i do turn M quite a lot ;) )

EDIT: forgot to answer your question xD
left thumb on FL edge, right thumb FR edge, left middlefinger (is it middlefinger in english? the one between pointer and ring-finger)BL edge, right middlefinger BR edge. left ringfinger BLD corner, right ringfinger BRD corner.
U/U' with right/left index, M and M2 with right ringfinger. D/D' also with ringfingers. for R/R' i change my right hand grip ( rather obvious ;) )

how do you guys do normal M (towards you)? i do a combination, first my described M2 technique followed by a normal M' with my left ringfinger. seems odd, but i can do that faster than r'R

Last edited:

Pedro

WCA
2007GUIM01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I use the 3-cycles method...learned from Macky's site and Tyson's guide...and some others...

I hold the cube like:
both thumbs on F part of the E slice (FL and FR)
right hand:
index on BUR, middle on BR, ring on BDR
left hand:
index on BUL, both middle and ring on BD

then just push the M layer with the ring finger (then the middle, if you want M2)

for M I use my left index on the BU sticker, and "pull" it towards me...it's posible to see it on the video...when the countdown timer is at about 45-40 seconds