• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Pairing Up Final 4x4x4 Edges

Raw

I am currently unable to pair up most of my last layer edges. Every time I watch a video, all I see is a mixed 3x3x3, where as mine looks like this

Snapshot_20141216.JPG

Snapshot_20141216_1.JPG

Basically as soon as I get all my white edges and middle layer edges, I begin the yellow ones.

I got all the way up to this point. What do I do?

Raw

Look up a 4x4 last four edges tutorial on youtube. You will need to learn how to do this to finish the 4x4.

Maybe it'd be best if you actually read my post.

I am currently unable to pair up most of my last layer edges. Every time I watch a video, all I see is a mixed 3x3x3, where as mine looks like this

I am looking specifically for something that doesn't teach it to me in a mixed manner.

qqwref

WCA
2006GOTT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
If you're using the reduction method, you should be pairing up ALL of the edges before starting the 3x3x3 stage.

If you're not using the reduction method, this is a parity case which you have to solve either directly in one algorithm, or with a parity algorithm plus a 3-cycle. here are some algorithms for this specific case.

goodatthis

WCA
2014CAVA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I recommend you just learn basic reduction (ending in a mixed up 3x3). Basically you pair up all of your edges like normal, in any order, and then you wind up with a scrambled 3x3. Really simple, much simpler than a layer by layer method like you're doing.

For a beginner method and one much more expandable to faster methods, reduction is the best method.

unsolved

Basically as soon as I get all my white edges and middle layer edges, I begin the yellow ones.

I got all the way up to this point. What do I do?

This requires 16 moves to solve from the position you are holding it.

R B r U2 r U2 F2 r F2 l' U2 l U2 r2 B' R' is one way to do it.