• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Other events for Weekly competition

Which events should be added to the weekly competition?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lucas Garron

WCA
2006GARR01
YouTube
Visit Channel

AvGalen

Premium Member
Rotterdam (actually Capelle aan den IJssel), the N
WCA
2006GALE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
If I am not mistaken, Mensch ärgere dich nicht is a game you play against each other and has a fixed starting position. I really don't see how I could fit that in the weekly competition so I am not going to make that a votable option.

And there is no reason you have to chose between events, you can vote for multiple events to be added.

AvGalen

Premium Member
Rotterdam (actually Capelle aan den IJssel), the N
WCA
2006GALE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I vote against any more events, there are just WAY too many now in my opinion. How can I also do feetcubing and bloody multi BLD and clock?? Should I quit school and give my life to the weekly contest? :p
yes :)

Seriously, there is no need to do all events every week. I might be the person that has done the most solves in all competitions last year, but I haven't learned 4x4x4_bf and 5x5x5_bf last year just so I could get more points. And I am not planning on doing multi_blind every week either (just sometimes).

H

hdskull

Yea, I kinda don't want anymore events to be included because it already takes quite awhile to do like 1/2 of the events. I only voted for the 2,3,4 relay because I don't own a 5x5, haha.

CraigBouchard

WCA
2005BOUC01
I agree. Having all the events there makes me want to do them, and doing them all takes a VERY long time, especially for someone who may be slower at some events...This may be some incentive to go faster though :p Hahaha...

H

hdskull

It's hard to get fast at all the events at the same time, haha

fanwuq

WCA
2008FANW01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I should really start to do them. I would only do 3x3, fmc in like 2min and get 50moves, 3x3OH, and pyraminx. Scrambling 4x4 is too much of a pain already.

Mike Hughey

Super Moderator
Staff member
WCA
2007HUGH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I decided I want to suggest scrambled Magic. It should be possible to come up with a notation for scrambling - surely a "flipping-only" scrambling method can be come up with that will get to a large percentage of the significant possible permutations.

I think this would be great fun! The only problem is that at first I would probably have some solves that were very fast, and others that took many minutes to solve. But it would probably result in getting very good at unscrambling a magic, if we had to do 5 solves every week.