• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Organizing Competitions

Thread starter #1
I need help. What do you all think is the best venue for organizing competitions? If there is anywhere specific in Colorado that you think would be a good venue, please reply with an answer.

WCA
2016STEE01
In regards to venues, schools and churches tend to work really well, or if you can find a convention/event center then that could also work, although those tend to cost a bit more to rent for the day.

With regards to where in Colorado, I know some venues in the Springs area, although some cost a bit and are harder to use, since they tend to be booked out pretty far in advance. There are some other organizers in Colorado that might have some options and I can ask, although for the most part you will have to look around and see what you can find.

The other thing that you should keep in mind when looking for venues, is to ask if they have discounts (or even willing to sponsor the venue) for a non-profit event/a educational event.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.