• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Organizing a Competition

Comvat

WCA
2018RUMM01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I am trying to organize a competition in Eastern Georgia and I just have a few questions,

What are the expected expenses that come with organizing the competition? How much would you need to pay a delegate for travel expenses? What are the registration fees for and who receives the money?

CuberStache

WCA
2016DAVI02
YouTube
Visit Channel
I am trying to organize a competition in Eastern Georgia and I just have a few questions,

What are the expected expenses that come with organizing the competition? How much would you need to pay a delegate for travel expenses? What are the registration fees for and who receives the money?
The details of the expenses depend on your venue and the delegate you choose to work with. In my experience organizing competitions, registration fees cover everything you need, and you can work with the delegate to decide what those should be. Other regions might be different, but AFAIK in the PNW all the extra money from competitions goes towards a communal fund used for competitions that lose money, unexpected expenses, that sort of thing. In general, don't worry too much about the funding, as the registration fees cover it unless your competition is unusually small.

@Kit Clement Please correct me if any of this is wrong

Want to hide this ad and support the community?