• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Orcozco Help

Thread starter #1
I am currently trying to learn Orcozco corners, but I can't seem to figure it out. I am trying to do the comms intuitively, and I thought that I understood how to. However, when I perform what I think is the correct comm, it doesn't work.
For example, using Speffz, when I try to do the comm for H, I do [R D' R', U]. I would think this would work, as R D' R inserts H to helper and U interchanges H and buffer. However, the correct comm is [R D' R, U'], which to me seems like it does the exact same thing.
For another example, what I think the comm for R is: [L2: [R D2 R', U]]. To explain why I think this, L2 is setup, R D2 R' inserts R into helper, and U interchanges R and buffer. The correct comm is [R': [U2, R' D' R]] , which I struggle to understand/would never think of.
Any help is appreciated!

WCA
2016GEEN01
YouTube
channel/UCXxvOAAJVVoR7UfjeAv_bjA
For the second case, at least, I'll confirm that that one is an irregular case. Instead of doing a set up->alg, you can use a COLL algorithm to solve for it.
I don't know what's up with the first one-- it might just be a typo.
E: Okay so if you do that alg on a solved cube, you'll see that it doesn't cycle the pieces correctly. I don't exactly remember, but when you insert a corner into the helper spot, you push the buffer to the helper spot rather than the other way around. Another way to solve that case I think would be [D2: R' D' R, U].

For reference, I did learn Orozco, but I never ended up switching and still use OP/M2.

WCA
2014RONG01
The one thing I'd recommend is to only learn Orozco if you intend to learn full 3-style for corners. and try to find the best speed optimized comms for the UBR target (B in Speffz)

Want to hide this ad and support the community?