• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

One-Answer Square-1 Question Thread

Silky

What is the probability of getting solved corners after finishing second block in Lin. I believe it's 1/6 ( 4 different adjacent swaps, 1 opposite swap, and corners solved ) but I'm not sure.

D

Deleted member 55877

and hardware is decent unlike big cubes
(Disregarding corner cutting)
in my humble opinion square-1 has the worst hardware currently. (obviously this will change when the mgc square-1 comes out)
2x2-5x5 has great hardware, I think we can agree. 6x6 and 7x7 are also good, thanks to the MGC line. Pyra and skewb are great: there are many good pyras like the Bell V2 and Gan, and also there's the Gan skewb (which is way overpriced but is a great performance cube). And megaminx hardware is pretty great too, especially now since the dayan v2 megaminx is out. Clunk hardware used to suck, but qiyi has fixed that. The only event that's missing a good cube is square-1. The volt v2 has trash UD layers and garbage cornercutting, and the ylm strips and feels very cheap and also has garbage cornercutting

Last edited by a moderator:

SH03L4C3

The orange centerpiece from your main 3x3
in my humble opinion square-1 has the worst hardware currently. (obviously this will change when the mgc square-1 comes out)
2x2-5x5 has great hardware, I think we can agree. 6x6 and 7x7 are also good, thanks to the MGC line. Pyra and skewb are great: there are many good pyras like the Bell V2 and Gan, and also there's the Gan skewb (which is way overpriced but is a great performance cube). And megaminx hardware is pretty great too, especially now since the dayan v2 megaminx is out. Clunk hardware used to suck, but qiyi has fixed that. The only event that's missing a good cube is square-1. The volt v2 has trash UD layers and garbage cornercutting, and the ylm has strips and feels very cheap and also has garbage cornercutting
yeah im saying when that is out (hopefully soon!)

YouTube
Visit Channel
2x2-5x5 has great hardware, I think we can agree. 6x6 and 7x7 are also good, thanks to the MGC line. Pyra and skewb are great: there are many good pyras like the Bell V2 and Gan, and also there's the Gan skewb (which is way overpriced but is a great performance cube). And megaminx hardware is pretty great too, especially now since the dayan v2 megaminx is out. Clunk hardware used to suck, but qiyi has fixed that. The only event that's missing a good cube is square-1. The volt v2 has trash UD layers and garbage cornercutting, and the ylm has strips and feels very cheap and also has garbage cornercutting
My YLM Magnetic is perfect for me

DNF_Cuber

I'd say it's tied with 6x6 for worst.