• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

GenTheSnail

WCA
2016GEEN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I've had my MF3RS for about 2-3 months now and I've noticed it's locking up a little, how can I stop this?
Well, typically cubes with looser tensions have a tendency to over flex and lock up occasionally. Perhaps you could try tightening the screws a quarter turn each.
It could also be to do with your tuning style. If your TPS has increased over the last couple months, your turning might be more aggressive than it used to be, which could be the cause of the lockups.
Try calming your turning a little to see if that affects the lockups.

Conor Chin

Well, typically cubes with looser tensions have a tendency to over flex and lock up occasionally. Perhaps you could try tightening the screws a quarter turn each.
It could also be to do with your tuning style. If your TPS has increased over the last couple months, your turning might be more aggressive than it used to be, which could be the cause of the lockups.
Try calming your turning a little to see if that affects the lockups.
I'll take this advice; my YJ MGC just came in the mail so the MF3RS might be taking the back seat for a while!

Does anyone know if Valk will ever be introducing new puzzles? With the Valk 3 being a puzzle, does anyone believe that they will, in the future, release a Valk 2,4,5, etc?

leefkenny

Hi guys I need some help. I bought my son the moyu v2 3x3 - an excellent product. He has twisted a corner piece in an effort to complete a side. This then has got me worrying that the cube will never be able to be solved now. I told him this and he broke down in tears. Can the cube still be solved? We are not sure which corner piece was moved only that it definitely had blue on it as this was the side he wanted to 'complete'. Can I reassemble the cube in its starting position? Am I worrying and made him cry over nothing? Please help guys

WACWCA

WCA
2012CALL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
You can always reassemble it into the correct starting position. Or, If one of you knows how to solve it, go as far as you can normally, you won’t notice a problem until the last few steps, and then you can twist all of the corners to face up and it will be solvable

DGCubes

WCA
2013GOOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Twisting a corner does put the cube in an unsolvable state, but there's an easy fix!

Every corner on the cube has either white or yellow on it, so we'll use those stickers as our reference colors. From any position, twist all 8 corners on the cube so their white/yellow stickers are on the top or bottom side (not on the front/left/back/right). These corners are now all oriented correctly, and the cube will then be solvable.

(Alternatively, if your son remembers which way he twisted the corner piece, you can twist ANY single corner piece in the opposite direction and the cube will again be solvable.)

leefkenny

Twisting a corner does put the cube in an unsolvable state, but there's an easy fix!

Every corner on the cube has either white or yellow on it, so we'll use those stickers as our reference colors. From any position, twist all 8 corners on the cube so their white/yellow stickers are on the top or bottom side (not on the front/left/back/right). These corners are now all oriented correctly, and the cube will then be solvable.

(Alternatively, if your son remembers which way he twisted the corner piece, you can twist ANY single corner piece in the opposite direction and the cube will again be solvable.)
THANKYOU!!!!!!!!!

WCA
2014LALI01
If you are able to solve the puzzle, solve it as far as possible and manually twist the corner back to the right place. If you can not solve the puzzle, I would reccomend disassembling the puzzle and assembling it in the right position. If you are unfamiliar with disassembling a puzzle, a tutorial on YouTube will be your friend. Hope your son feels better!

rubik2005

When looking at my stackmat the display is too light so I have to tilt my stackmat for it to look normal, can I get any help I just got back from US nats 2018 and it was working fine there
This happened to me quite a few times too. First time I had this problem I took off the plastic it had, and it worked just fine. Some time later it had the same problem so I changed the batteries but when I screwed the "cap" on, it still didn't work. So I unscrewed the screw a bit and since then I haven't had any problems with it. Hope this helps!

L

lucarubik

the 3x3 yuxin huanglong has two (i believe they are called) washers per center, twelve total, right?
i was washing some cubes and suddenly i saw them sticking to the magnetized parts, they seem to have come from the huanlong center pieces but im not sure if they were there in the first place, im pretty sure but not sure

AMCuber

What are the difference between the two Gan X’s? I have the IPG v 5 version.

nop

IPG v5 is the traditional nut adjustment style (simply screw them in to threaded axles), requiring the typical tool to adjust tensions.

you can adjust very small, or large, amounts on each, , and there's no "fixed" points. I also have this version, as I prefer greater control, and like to feel out my adjustments.

The Numerical version has a locking mechanism you can press in on the axles in order adjust between three fixed tension settings, so you can guarantee each side is even. this relieves the burden of guess-work, and makes it so cubers can share their various configurations.

you can say, "oh Cuber Z uses this configuration, let me try it" very easily.

https://www.gancube.com/gan356-x has pictures of the core in Numerical version. You can see the I shaped screw-end, as opposed to the standard threaded.