• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

DMah

Are 2x2 cores smaller than 3x3 cores? I'm not familiar with cores. I need a replacement moyu lingpo core and the cubicle only sells moyu 57mm 3x3 cores..

Last edited:

guysensei1

WCA
2014WENW01
Ugh this is irritating. I've just lubed the core of a new weilong V1 and the spring noise just won't go away. It's as springy as it was before lubing. Anyone experienced this before? I don't think it has anything to do with my technique as this is the first time this has happened.

CuberAtCanada

Can anyone tell me what stickers I should get from the Cubicle that fit the YJ Yulong and Guanlong. Thanks!

Sadiq

What does "breaking in" a cube mean?

I hear cubers say they have lubed, tensioned and broken in their cube and I don't know what breaking it means. And is there a tutorial for how to do it?

DeeDubb

WCA
2014WHIT07
YouTube
Visit Channel
I hear cubers say they have lubed, tensioned and broken in their cube and I don't know what breaking it means. And is there a tutorial for how to do it?

Breaking in to ME has two parts (though most cubers only acknowledge the first part).

First: When you turn a cube a lot, the plastic will wear a bit, causing less friction and less spots where the cube can catch, making it turn smoothers.

Second: I think your cube actually breaks YOU in. Your turn still and muscle memory will adjust to the new cube, making it feel even smoother.

Both of these just come with use over time. Hundreds and hundreds of solves.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jont828

I recently bought the YJ Guanlong (such a good price :D) and I'm trying to find a set of washers for it. Cubeologist recommended the Fangshi washers, but will the Moyu washers work? The Cubicle sells Moyu washers without the springs/screws and I didn't want to get a full hardware set just for the washers. Thanks!

Berd

WCA
2014LONG06
YouTube
Visit Channel
I recently bought the YJ Guanlong (such a good price :D) and I'm trying to find a set of washers for it. Cubeologist recommended the Fangshi washers, but will the Moyu washers work? The Cubicle sells Moyu washers without the springs/screws and I didn't want to get a full hardware set just for the washers. Thanks!
The cubicle sells just a moyu washer set, specifically for the Guanlong.

brian724080

How do you tension an Aosu properly? I see that the core is only connected to the plastic ring, but not any other piece. How does that work?

guysensei1

WCA
2014WENW01
Why does weight 2 lube slow down my aolong V2? I just put in a small amount and it becomes sluggish...

With Maru (and nothing else but Maru) it was quite good.

I don't even know how people can sub-10 with a cube this slow...

Wylie28

WCA
2014FORI01
The aolong requires a lot of breaking in to be fast, it was slow when I first got mine but after a few months of fine-tuning my tensioning (the tops of my screws are level with the cylinder they are in maybe yours is a bit tight?) and breaking in. Putting lube in it slows down the breaking in process i usually don't lube a cube until i can clearly see the rounded lines on the flat surfaces on the inside. Its probably slow because you put too much in or because its simply weight 2... if you want speed you should be using weight 1 the only thing i use my weight 2 for is to make non-wca puzzles smoother and to lower lack of a better word, amount-of-force-it-takes-to-start-a-turn. (not the same as how easy it glides once it starts turning which is assume is what you mean by speed)