• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

One Answer Cuboid and Shape Mods thread

Aerma

Premium Member
WCA
2015MANN01
YouTube
Aerma
On a 3x3x5 fisher cube, I'm getting a weird parity where the FU and FD centers are swapped when the rest of the cube is solved, what alg can I use to fix this?

Doctor Hedron

YouTube
https://www.youtube.
"Windtalkers" isn't the name of the puzzle, it's just a generic brand name they slap on all of their puzzle releases.

I don't think this puzzle has a specific name, but it's just a 4x4 shapemod which is colored differently (8 colors, not 6). Google any tutorial for the LanLan 4x4 Octahedron, it will help. It's literally the same thing, but with a more "flattened" appearance. Everything else will be identical.

Djinn

"Windtalkers" isn't the name of the puzzle, it's just a generic brand name they slap on all of their puzzle releases.

I don't think this puzzle has a specific name, but it's just a 4x4 shapemod which is colored differently (8 colors, not 6). Google any tutorial for the LanLan 4x4 Octahedron, it will help. It's literally the same thing, but with a more "flattened" appearance. Everything else will be identical.
Oh yes, this is what I want to find. This is the true name of it. Thanks so much.

Doctor Hedron

YouTube
https://www.youtube.
For the record, this isn't the actual 4x4 Octahedron - the shape is a bit different - but the relationship between pieces and the arrangement of colors are identical. This one is more obscure, weirdly shaped and I don't think there is a specific name for it.

But what matters is that the solve will be the same. Just like it would be for a normal 4x4 which is re-stickered to have 8 colors.