• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

goodatthis

WCA
2014CAVA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
What would a standard time progression for 3BLD look like, starting from someone's very first blindsolve(s)?

Also, is it fine to already start diving into MultiBLD for someone who has only had 5 3BLD successes? I've attempted 3 cubes two times now, and I've only been able to get one cube in each attempt because of memorizing the wrong targets, otherwise, recall goes off without a hitch.

CyanSandwich

WCA
2013NELS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
What would a standard time progression for 3BLD look like, starting from someone's very first blindsolve(s)?

Also, is it fine to already start diving into MultiBLD for someone who has only had 5 3BLD successes? I've attempted 3 cubes two times now, and I've only been able to get one cube in each attempt because of memorizing the wrong targets, otherwise, recall goes off without a hitch.
I don't think there's a standard progression for 3BLD.
Personally, my first success was 16:20, my first mo100 was 9:16 (out of 43 successes). My next 100 was 66/100 with a 5:55 mean and 3:49.61 best. My 5th "100 solves" had a 2:54 session mean. I had a sub-2 mo100 (68 successes) on my 11th 100. I switched to TuRBo after 500 though, so my times shot up for a bit.

Anyway yeah it's different for everyone.

I think it's fine to dive into multi. It should help your 3BLD too, because it'll be easy in comparison.

Goosly

WCA
2010VERE01

Sure, dive into it if you want to. But you might get frustrated by the amount of DNF's :)

IRNjuggle28

YouTube
Visit Channel
Is it legal to write memo down during competition? Obviously, you don't get to look at it while you're solving, but it might make reviewing memo way easier.

goodatthis

WCA
2014CAVA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey guys, so I've learnt the 8 algs on Zane's channel. But im not sure how to execute it, esp when it comes to BREAKING INTO A NEW CYCLE. Any help would be appreciated :)

To break I to a new cycle, you "shoot" to a piece that you haven't solved yet. For example, let's say I'm doing corners and my buffer gets solved. I would memorize a different piece that I know hasn't been solved yet, and then continue from there. One thing to be wary of, however, is that your cycle ends when you come back to that piece, and it am not he the exact same striker you targeted earlier.

Also, I'm not sure what you mean by "I'm not sure how to execute it", but I would recommend watching Zane's tutorial in its entirety, it doesn't seem like you watched the whole thing. You could also try Noah's tutorial.

And I'm going to ask a question for myself here: I want to learn 4BLD by CCFC BLD Day at the end of the month, I currently understand M2 but don't know the special target algs, so I'm not using it in my solves yet. I understand that r2 is very similar to M2, and U2 is somewhat similar as well. I can also say that my memo is pretty good, I can memorize a 2 or 3 cube MBLD fairly easily using the journey method. Do you guys think I could get a 4BLD success by the end of the month? This will be my only shot in a comp until nationals, so I really want to get a success. Plus I'll be the only nub atm that is doing 4BLD, it would be pretty cool if someone other than Noah or Corey gets a success.

Cm_Hu

WCA
2011HUXI01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hi, i'm finally sub2 using M2/OP. My memo is about 1:00~1:05, execution is 45 second.
I'm not sure what should i do next. Should i stick to M2/OP until i got sub30 memo or should i start to learn 3-style for corners(my corner execution now is 15s)?

SirDuctTape

Does anyone have tips for achieving an accurate corner memo? I have tried countless times to 3bld in the last week (still haven't got a success :( ), and the corners are never correct.

Last edited:

Ollie

WCA
2012FROS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Does anyone have tips for achieving an accurate corner memo? I have tried countless times to 3bld in the last week (still haven't got a success :( ), and it seem to always have flawed corners.

Try writing out the solution as an example solve. Maybe you'll realize your mistake when you write it out or one of us can recognize it

SirDuctTape

Okay, I did what Ollie suggested and I wrote down what I did. The scramble is B2 D2 F2 D2 F2 L2 R' U2 R' B2 L' U' L2 R B F' L2 U F' U F' with green on front and white on top. I didn't write down edges, because I usually get those good. Using Old Pochman I did: Y(rotation) then T S W J D U R I C (the letters being my targets). I end up with 2 correct corners and 1 twisted. I tried, but I cannot figure out what I did wrong. Please help.

DeeDubb

WCA
2014WHIT07
YouTube
Visit Channel
Okay, I did what Ollie suggested and I wrote down what I did. The scramble is B2 D2 F2 D2 F2 L2 R' U2 R' B2 L' U' L2 R B F' L2 U F' U F' with green on front and white on top. I didn't write down edges, because I usually get those good. Using Old Pochman I did: Y(rotation) then T S W J D U R I C (the letters being my targets). I end up with 2 correct corners and 1 twisted. I tried, but I cannot figure out what I did wrong. Please help.

Did you try it without the blindfold on? Practice with your eyes open, and do two corners at a time, make sure you can actually solve OP corners with your eyes open before you try to memo the whole sequence and do it blindfolded.

SirDuctTape

I have done it with the blindfold off, and I see that I have a pretty wonky memo (Starts out good then goes wayyyyy downhill from there), so now my question changes, does anyone know a way that I could memorize the corners consistently?

Last edited:

TheNextFeliks

WCA
2013POPE01
YouTube
Visit Channel

If that was Speffz lettering (the one Noah teaches) it was way off. Here is what I got H G X Q (New cycle) P I K (UFR twisted.

SirDuctTape

My Letter scheme is a,b,c,d on U, E,F,G,H on F, I,J,K,L on R, M,N,O,P, on B, Q,R,S,T on L, and U,V,W,X on D I think it is a little different from Speffz, But I don't know for sure.