• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

coinman

WCA
2005GUST02
Is there a good printable bld guide to be found somewhere on the net? I Will be on a long trip and wants to use the time to try learning bld but i will not have access to the internet so the guide need to be printable.

JianhanC

WCA
2010CHOO02
@Cubenovice exactly what I was looking for, thanks!

Is there a good printable bld guide to be found somewhere on the net? I Will be on a long trip and wants to use the time to try learning bld but i will not have access to the internet so the guide need to be printable.

afaik everything is printable by capturing a screenshot or copying everything and pasting it into microsoft word or something, but it's kinda sloppy, but hey, better than nothing right. I would recommend Joel van Noort's old site, but it's down, so Stefan's site is the next best explanation:

http://www.stefan-pochmann.info/spocc/blindsolving/3x3/old.php

This is the newer M2/R2 method:

http://www.stefan-pochmann.info/spocc/blindsolving/M2R2/

randomtypos

how do you guys execute UBL>UFR>FDR? I use [L'D2L,U2] but i'm really bad at triggering it. If it helps i am a leftie who can do double flick U2 and D2 with either ringfinger>middlefinger or ringfinger>pinkie. I've tried several ways triggering this but they're all really awkward to me. this is a pretty staple comm for me so being fast at it would help me greatly.

EDIT: sorry i meant UBL

Last edited:

Ollie

WCA
2012FROS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
how do you guys execute UFL>UFR>FDR? I use [L'D2L,U2] but i'm really bad at triggering it. If it helps i am a leftie who can do double flick U2 and D2 with either ringfinger>middlefinger or ringfinger>pinkie. I've tried several ways triggering this but they're all really awkward to me. this is a pretty staple comm for me so being fast at it would help me greatly.

That alg doesn't cycle UFL>UFR>FDR. But you could do x2 L' U2 L [D2] L' U2 L [D2] x2 or try y' [U2] R D R' [U2] R D' R' y, assuming you mean UBL>UFR>FDR

randomtypos

That alg doesn't cycle UFL>UFR>FDR. But you could do x2 L' U2 L [D2] L' U2 L [D2] x2 or try y' [U2] R D R' [U2] R D' R' y, assuming you mean UBL>UFR>FDR

Yeah sorry I meant UBL qq. Ergghh I was hoping someone who uses the same alg could tell me how they trigger it because I like this one since I setup to it a lot and there's no cube rotation :S

Ollie

WCA
2012FROS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Yeah sorry I meant UBL qq. Ergghh I was hoping someone who uses the same alg could tell me how to trigger it because I like this once since I setup to it a lot and there's no cube rotation :S

Try placing the left thumb and index on the L-layer, the thumb underneath, and use your right ring finger to do the D2 move?

randomtypos

Try placing the left thumb and index on the L-layer, the thumb underneath, and use your right ring finger to do the D2 move?

should i even bother to double trigger with my right ring finger? or will flicking it twice with my ring fast enough? i just don't want to form any bad habits

randomtypos

I'm the worst person to ask that to :p I probably have loads, but all my finger stuff works for me and is comfortable.

Yeah... thanks anyway! I think I'm going to just practice my right-handed D2 trigger... I'm really inefficient when I exe all my comms with my lefthand doing all the work xD

randomtypos

I'm having a bit of trouble with corner memo. It usually takes me about 25 seconds to memo corners (out of ~45-50 average memo), but when I execute, I often have a ~5 second recall pause for corners. Any tips?

PS: My total time is usually 1:35ish

take your cube apart and identify the corners over and over until you've got them down. run through all your setups (assuming you use OP) so you know what the setup for each letter is instantly.

stolen from noah's vid

WCA
2010CANT02
YouTube
Visit Channel
take your cube apart and identify the corners over and over until you've got them down. run through all your setups (assuming you use OP) so you know what the setup for each letter is instantly.

stolen from noah's vid

I can find them and do the setups no problem. When I do them while looking, it's just a constant flow of tps.