• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Shagun Kala

WCA
2013KALA02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Film yourself while solving to see where you go wrong...
It could be not fixing parity, maybe you do some setup moves wrong or you execute to wrong places which you memorized right.

Ok Thanks I ll Film Myself..:D
And Am i going right...I Write the letters on the paper and memorize them and then do a bld solve...?

omer

Ok Thanks I ll Film Myself..:D
And Am i going right...I Write the letters on the paper and memorize them and then do a bld solve...?
You should be able to do it without paper... But if that's comfortable for you as a beginner, keep doing it until you feel it's too easy and that you can move on.
What method are you currently using to memorize and solve? Do you use a lettering scheme? Do you use Old Pochmann? If you do, are you sure you're doing it right?

Shagun Kala

WCA
2013KALA02
YouTube
Visit Channel
i use OP with lettering scheme (speffz)..
Yes i m doing it right..But the problem is in tracking only...

I do This mistake..
Scramble-F2 R F' D' F' U' R2 F R L U' F2 U' B2 D' R2 U D2 B2 L2 F2
blue in front and yellow on top
Edges- vfjmnwqcxpc
Corners- kbsvbcyc
I follow lettering scheme of this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjWMo3cCH1E

Tell me how to get rid of my mistakes...

Last edited:

omer

The lettering scheme of this video is not speffz.
And what do you mean "I do this mistake"?
And what you memorized is impossible, there is an odd number of edge targets and an even number of corner targets, you memorized wrong.

Shagun Kala

WCA
2013KALA02
YouTube
Visit Channel
The lettering scheme of this video is not speffz.
And what do you mean "I do this mistake"?
And what you memorized is impossible, there is an odd number of edge targets and an even number of corner targets, you memorized wrong.
I do tracking wrong..and i dont know what thing i do wrong in tracking...

U tell me by that example as what i do wrong..

omer

I do tracking wrong..and i dont know what thing i do wrong in tracking...

U tell me by that example as what i do wrong..

Your example tells me nothing other then you did the memo wrong... There is no tracking in classic pochmann, the whole point of a BLD method is to eliminate the need for tracking. Are you sure you know what that word means?

Ickathu

WCA
2011MERT03
YouTube
Visit Channel
For BLD, when I've solved all edges first and then solved all corners except 2 which are in the right places but unoriented, what algs do I perform? Thanks :)

I set the two of them up to UBL and UFL, then do sexy sexy L' sexy' sexy' L to rotate UBL ccw and UFL cw
or sexy' sexy' L' sexy sexy L to rotate UBL cw and UFL ccw

Smiles

YouTube
Visit Channel
what's a good memorization strategy?
i've only done like 2 solves cause it takes way too long, probably not cause of my memo technique but just cause im lazy.
right now i'm using colour pair images like stefan pochmann describes in his tutorial. edges are okay but corners are annoying since im using the same colour pair images but i only memorize 2 colours of the corner (clockwise, always) and then visualize to find out the other colour when im solving. it sucks.
now that i actually know how to bld, any suggestions on what memo strategy to learn?

omer

what's a good memorization strategy?
i've only done like 2 solves cause it takes way too long, probably not cause of my memo technique but just cause im lazy.
right now i'm using colour pair images like stefan pochmann describes in his tutorial. edges are okay but corners are annoying since im using the same colour pair images but i only memorize 2 colours of the corner (clockwise, always) and then visualize to find out the other colour when im solving. it sucks.
now that i actually know how to bld, any suggestions on what memo strategy to learn?
This will change your life :p : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JNpJaRccRE

udayks2009

Setup Move Query for T Permutation

Hello,

I was experimenting with the Pochmann method today.
I seem to be stuck at a specific point.
I'm in a situation where I need to use the T-Permutation RUR'F' RUR'U' R'FR RU'R'U'
However, the 2 edges which I'm swapping are getting flipped incorrectly.
What is the setup move which I should do so that the edges are flipped correctly without disturbing the corners ?

Thanks,
Uday

udayks2009

By getting flipped incorrectly, I mean the opposite way around. The Permutation is working fine but the stickers are getting wrongly oriented/flipped.

omer

Hello,

I was experimenting with the Pochmann method today.
I seem to be stuck at a specific point.
I'm in a situation where I need to use the T-Permutation RUR'F' RUR'U' R'FR RU'R'U'
However, the 2 edges which I'm swapping are getting flipped incorrectly.
What is the setup move which I should do so that the edges are flipped correctly without disturbing the corners ?

Thanks,
Uday
This is a Jb permutation, not a T permutation.
T is (R U R' U') R' F R2 U' R' U' (R U R' F')

Noahaha

blindmod
WCA
2012ARTH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Any tips for finding your orientation? I'm seriously having trouble with this. It takes me about 1.5-2 seconds on average to start the timer, remove the cover and place the cube in it's proper orientation.