• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Aaronus23

Dumb question:
I notice that when talking about 3BLD on tutorials they refer to stickers like UB or FU and i dont understand that notation, can someone please explain this to me?

Xishem

WCA
2011BOUL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Dumb question:
I notice that when talking about 3BLD on tutorials they refer to stickers like UB or FU and i dont understand that notation, can someone please explain this to me?

The edge piece that intersects the U and B faces is the piece they are referring to. The first letter indicates which sticker they are talking about.

UB is the only edge that is on both U and B faces, and the sticker is the one which is on the U face. FU is the only edge that is on both the F and U faces, and the sticker is the one which is on the F face.

Similarly, if there are three letters, it is referring to a corner sticker. The same principle applies. UFL is the corner that lays on all three of the U, F, and L faces and it is the sticker which is the on the U face.

Last edited:

Noahaha

blindmod
WCA
2012ARTH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
One answer BLD question thread blind

Dumb question:

For edges, the first letter refers to what face it's on and the second letter refers to the other side it's touching.

For corners it's the same thing except that it needs two other sides to be specified.

Noahaha

blindmod
WCA
2012ARTH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
One answer BLD question thread blind

What is a solution to the cylce UBL BRU DBL

That's the worst cycle period.

I use:

[U x' [U2 , R' F' R2 F R]] (14)
or
[U [B2 , R' U' R2 U R]] (14)

But you could also use:
[x' z' D R' [D2, R' U2 R]] (11)

EDIT: I'm switching to the 11 mover lol.

Last edited: