• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

HEART

WCA
2009DAVI01
YouTube
Visit Channel
By breaking into a new cycle. It's no different from the cycles of other blind pieces. If your U layer pieces aren't solve yet, you can use face interchange commutators. That way, you don't have to keep track of cycles. I hope that made sense.

Ah, I see now! using this this video it made perfect sense, thanks a bunch :) first major hitch in 4BLD progress has now been trampled C:

I'm looking into getting some earmuffs. I understand how noise reduction is ranked, but how much does it really matter? would a 21db earmuff cancel out someone talking straight to you? or is it still clearly audible and understandable?

Last edited:

A Leman

What 10 letters would be the best for forming one sylable letterpairs in many parts of speech(nouns,verbs,adjectives,adverbs)? I know one sylable letterpairs, but I don't use multiple parts of speech and would like some advice.

Ollie

WCA
2012FROS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
What 10 letters would be the best for forming one sylable letterpairs in many parts of speech(nouns,verbs,adjectives,adverbs)? I know one sylable letterpairs, but I don't use multiple parts of speech and would like some advice.

I'm not sure to be perfectly honest. I would imagine the most frequently used letters COULD be the best (which are E,N,A,I,T,O,S,H,D,R.) I think Samuel Morse gave the simplest codes to these letters for Morse Code.

But IMO I would try using just frequently used consonants, similar to the Major System, and use vowels as fillers. That way you can have a set list and still make up words on the fly?

A Leman

I'm not sure to be perfectly honest. I would imagine the most frequently used letters COULD be the best (which are E,N,A,I,T,O,S,H,D,R.) I think Samuel Morse gave the simplest codes to these letters for Morse Code.

But IMO I would try using just frequently used consonants, similar to the Major System, and use vowels as fillers. That way you can have a set list and still make up words on the fly?

Thank you for your advice, maybe samuel morse was onto something. I have already messed around with the major system and use some nonsense sounds for letter pairs, but I am trying to find ways to push the limit of audioloop for numbers for fun and think somewhat sensible sentences would make a pretty cool system. Hopefully, I could audioloop a significant amount of #'s(over 50). It may not work for me but it's worth a try.

I have read about some cubers puting effort into verbs and would be especially interested in that.

Does anyone else have ideas?

TMOY

WCA
2008COUR01
It may depend on people, but personnally my first full 4BLD attempt ever was 28 minutes long (something like 14 minutes memo and 14 minutes execution).

MKLEIN

Premium Member
WCA
2011KLEI01
I have an odd question, being new to blindsolving I went to Stephan P`s page on old Pochmann method. In his example solve in the pairty solution is a T-perm followed by a U-perm with no U adjustment. Can anyone explain and/or expand on what this means and how to do this. Thank you in advance.

Hunter

YouTube
Visit Channel
I have a question,

I thought 3BLD was when you solved 3 3x3 cubes in one memo, but it is apparently just a normal 3x3 solve?

So #BLD would be the number of layers in a cube, so 5BLD would be a single 5x5 solve?

Then what is it called if you try to do 3 cubes in one memo?

Mikel

Premium Member
WCA
2011MIKE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I have a question,

I thought 3BLD was when you solved 3 3x3 cubes in one memo, but it is apparently just a normal 3x3 solve?

So #BLD would be the number of layers in a cube, so 5BLD would be a single 5x5 solve?

Then what is it called if you try to do 3 cubes in one memo?

How fast did you think people were at doing a 3 cube multi? 30 seconds would be 10 seconds per cube including memo!

Noahaha

blindmod
WCA
2012ARTH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Are there any timers out there that let you do multiBLD times? like organized ones that give you scrambles and let you enter the ammount?

I use qqTimer with BLD-mode and enter the # of cubes as a comment. I have in it every mBLD attempt I've done outside of competition, which only adds up to 23.

Ollie

WCA
2012FROS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
How do big cube BLD solvers memorize centers? I usually try to make my first cycle as long as possible and leave smaller cycles at the end (usually 2's and some 3's) which involves skipping some letters out and memorizing them later (i.e. in Speffz, on the F face for example, I might ignore J if it brings the cycle to and end and skip to K, and once I've memorized more letters finish the cycle with J at the end.)

I don't know if this is the easiest/most efficient way of doing it - as I'm rushing more and more to push my memo further I'm making more and more mistakes and getting stuck more often, trying to remember which pieces I've memorized and which ones I haven't.

I've also toyed with the idea of creating as many small cycles as possible (i.e. (A,EI)(B,FJ)(C,GK) etc.) In theory you could memo three 3-cycles in one image - rEcIeving a FaJita from GoK Wan, 9 pieces solved in 3 commutators - as long as you use floating buffers this could be more efficient. Does anyone else do this?

I've probably made no sense at all.

Marcell

WCA
2007ENDR01
How do big cube BLD solvers memorize centers? I usually try to make my first cycle as long as possible and leave smaller cycles at the end (usually 2's and some 3's) which involves skipping some letters out and memorizing them later (i.e. in Speffz, on the F face for example, I might ignore J if it brings the cycle to and end and skip to K, and once I've memorized more letters finish the cycle with J at the end.)

I do this too.

Ickathu

WCA
2011MERT03
YouTube
Visit Channel
On big cube centers, when your buffer is solved (Ulb is my first 4x4 center buffer) do you shoot to an unsolved center, another center on that face, or switch buffers (to [for me] Urb, Urf, or Ulf)?
Also, how do you guys solve +centers on 5x5? Comms or something like M2? How would an M2 type method work?

Mikel

Premium Member
WCA
2011MIKE01
YouTube
Visit Channel