• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

cuboy63

WCA
2010WANG68
Thanks guys! I'm sorry for asking for so many algs but can someone give me an alg for all the Per Specials with a UFR buffer and an alg for UFR-RBU-LBD?

WCA
2009SHEE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Ok, I need to know if this is a reasonable trick to use, or if I'm just nuts (probably the latter, but still).
For the cyclic shift case, I liked the look of R' U' R' F' R2 F R U R' F' R2 F R2, the move optimal alg is horrible for me. However, I had some problems finding a comfortable execution, until I switched to R3 U' R' F' R2 F R U R' F' R2 F R2 (and inverse with R3', btw), and I can now do it without regrips, and I think it will be fairly fast and consistent when I practice it more. Anyone else use R3/R3' for anything, or think it might sometimes be useful? My thinking is that it takes barely more time than an R2, and can make an alg flow better and give a better hand position later in the alg. I can explain my fingertricks if anyone wants.

Julian

WCA
2010DAVI06
Ok, I need to know if this is a reasonable trick to use, or if I'm just nuts (probably the latter, but still).
For the cyclic shift case, I liked the look of R' U' R' F' R2 F R U R' F' R2 F R2, the move optimal alg is horrible for me. However, I had some problems finding a comfortable execution, until I switched to R3 U' R' F' R2 F R U R' F' R2 F R2 (and inverse with R3', btw), and I can now do it without regrips, and I think it will be fairly fast and consistent when I practice it more. Anyone else use R3/R3' for anything, or think it might sometimes be useful? My thinking is that it takes barely more time than an R2, and can make an alg flow better and give a better hand position later in the alg. I can explain my fingertricks if anyone wants.
I don't, because anything3 seems unnatural for me, and I think in a blindsolve I wouldn't be sure whether I'd just done something3 or something2.

Also, bump.
What are some ways to solve the midges for 5BLD? Comms of course. M2 variation?

Do the x-centers, wings, and corners for 5BLD correspond exactly with the centers, wings, and corners for 4BLD?

Is there anything else I would need to know to do 5BLD? Parities, algorithm changes, or anything else?

cuboy63

WCA
2010WANG68
Also, bump.

Comms and M2 pretty much.

Yeah.

Parity is like 4x4 for wings and like 3x3 for midges and corners[but if you do R perm(or another PLL) then you have to switch the wings back].

Have you tried 4BLD yet Julian?

Julian

WCA
2010DAVI06
Comms and M2 pretty much.

Yeah.

Parity is like 4x4 for wings and like 3x3 for midges and corners[but if you do R perm(or another PLL) then you have to switch the wings back].

Have you tried 4BLD yet Julian?
Thanks.

I haven't done a full attempt yet. I'm going to start developing a letter pair list soon, because I'm not very good at making up long-term memo on the fly.

Jorghi

How many days does it take to solve a 3x3x3 Blindfolded in 2minutes? And what about sub 60 BLD??

fei193

B2 L2 D' L2 U L2 B2 D2 R2 B' D' R B2 R' U R' L' F D' U

Corners:
U2 R D2 R' U2 R D2 R' (8/8)
y' R' U2 R' D R U2 R' D' R2 y (9/17)
U' L' D L U L' D' L (8/25)

Edges:
x' U' L2 U M U' L2 U M' (8/8)
x2 M' U' L U M U' L' U x' (8/16)
L2 U' M' U2 M U' L2 (7/23)
U2 M' U' R' U M U' R U' (9/32)
R U' M2 U R U' M2 U R2 (9/41)
U2 L U' M' U L' U' M U' (9/50)

what method he used? Where can i find tutorial for it?

aronpm

B2 L2 D' L2 U L2 B2 D2 R2 B' D' R B2 R' U R' L' F D' U

Corners:
U2 R D2 R' U2 R D2 R' (8/8)
y' R' U2 R' D R U2 R' D' R2 y (9/17)
U' L' D L U L' D' L (8/25)

Edges:
x' U' L2 U M U' L2 U M' (8/8)
x2 M' U' L U M U' L' U x' (8/16)
L2 U' M' U2 M U' L2 (7/23)
U2 M' U' R' U M U' R U' (9/32)
R U' M2 U R U' M2 U R2 (9/41)
U2 L U' M' U L' U' M U' (9/50)

what method he used? Where can i find tutorial for it?

I use "three-style" or "free-cycle", it's just 3-cycle speed optimal commutators, with UBR buffer for corners and DF buffer for edges. That was an easy solve (28.33 seconds), only 75 moves, they're usually about 95-100.

fei193

I use "three-style" or "free-cycle", it's just 3-cycle speed optimal commutators, with UBR buffer for corners and DF buffer for edges. That was an easy solve (28.33 seconds), only 75 moves, they're usually about 95-100.

Thank you for your help:D. Where did you learn it? I going to use M2 for edges, i don't know how to do with corners.

sa11297

WCA
2011AGAR05
YouTube
Visit Channel
what are all of the "good" bld methods. for example zz,roux, fridrich, petrus wouldnt be good. They work but are very hard to use. M2R2,pochmann, BH, turbo, and a few others are good bld methods. What are the rest? What are the combinations? For example M2 goes with R2 or pochmann etc. Which are the fastest?

blakedacuber

Premium Member
WCA
2010BOWE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
OK I've finally decided I'm gunna learn BLD.

so im a noob when it comes to BLD so whats the easest yet somewhat fast method? also if you could can you link me to a good tutorial preferably video but text is ok

timeless

YouTube
Visit Channel
op corners

scramble L F' R' U' L2 R2 U2 D2 B R2 U2 L' F' L U2 R2 D R' U' L F' R' D' R2 D2

BUR DBR -- RDF DBL DFL LFU

whats did i do wrong? and can some1 walk through it

Julian

WCA
2010DAVI06
Where can I find a good 4BLD guide?
Search up "4bld" on YouTube. Watch the videos by Daniel Sheppard (kinch2002)

op corners

scramble L F' R' U' L2 R2 U2 D2 B R2 U2 L' F' L U2 R2 D R' U' L F' R' D' R2 D2

BUR DBR -- RDF DBL DFL LFU

whats did i do wrong? and can some1 walk through it
Because you stored the buffer at RDF, at the end you have to shoot to FRD to solve that piece and the buffer.