• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Jacck

WCA
2013HUBH01
When I started using letters I created a scheme for myself, but from the idea obviously not like Speffz (didn't knew about that at that time).
Corners I have A-D on top, E-H on bottom, I-L and M-P are the pieces A-H twisted clockwise, Q-X counterclockwise.
So my goal was (and is) to know easier, which orientation the corner has: my M-P "behave" the same, and in Speffz they are HKOS.
(Behave the same means: if I setup over position of P, the M-O can be moved there easily with D-moves)

The edges are A-L not twisted, and M-X twisted, which helps me a lot. But now I see one problem: Not all edge-letters are beside the same corner-letter. But I cannot remember that I ever mixed this up on a NxNxN. Only on the Megaminx, where I applied two-digits numbers in a same system (that means: 16-20 "behave" the same), I sometimes memo for the edge the number of the corner twisted clockwise. But the advantage in the execution with this system is much higher.

Dylan Swarts

WCA
2017SWAR03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Most 3x3's Solved Blindfolded in 1 Hour? Does anyone know what the world record for this is? So starting with a bunch of scrambled 3x3's and then doing as many 3bld solves as possible in 1 hour. I'm just curious as I am going to attempt this soon (I won't be able to break it or anything I average 55)

NevEr_QeyX

Wow 5x5+ BLD is legitimately insane... What method is used for 5x5+ blindfolded? I don't imagine 3 style being very good due to the amount of slice moves (S in particular).

Dylan Swarts

WCA
2017SWAR03
YouTube
Visit Channel
You do use 3 style, the move set changes a bit but you get use to the slices that you do need. To start, use whatever corner method you use now on 3bld, use whatever edge method you are comfortable with for midges, use r2 for wings (except if you use 3 style or something for 4bld wings then use that), use U2 for all center types. Just pull up someone's 3 style list with center comms and check out the kind of comms used. bestsiteever.ru/tables

ProStar

WCA
2020MAHO01
SS Competition Results
I have a question about 3bld, is there any good way for me to practice meme? I know how to do it blindfolded, and I know alas and all the letters too. I have done a full complete solve once but it took along time.

Yes. To practice meme, go look on Instagram.

Seriously though, the best way to improve memo is to practice BLD. Another helpful thing when you get faster is to try to cut out reviews, as that's the main thing that will make memo faster. But right now just practice. I went from 7 minute memo to 4 minute memo from my 1st solve to my 2nd.

NevEr_QeyX

What is the best thing to memorize KF as a letter pair!? It always trips me up during solves

Where is the best tutorial for Eka edges? I want a nice long one that covers most if not all of the method.

1cubealot

Hi guys

Today I came colse to my first 3bld success I had 2 twisted corners (all other pieces were correct) and in the right place.
I was super mad.
Btw it was 8:15

NevEr_QeyX

Hi guys

Today I came colse to my first 3bld success I had 2 twisted corners (all other pieces were correct) and in the right place.
I was super mad.
Btw it was 8:15
Are you using Old Pochmann for edges and corners?

Also does anyone know the best words to use for letter pairs with a Q at beginning or end?