• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

TDM

WCA
2013MEND03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Oh yes, I meant images :)
Also, if I get a letter pair that I can't quickly think of an image for (maybe like QD or something), what should I do?
After solves, you can look up ideas for these bad images, if you can remember what they were. There are some tables/lists here, here and here, and I know I've seen one or two others around.

But during the solve... Personally, I take the first thing I can think of and trying to force that into my memo, even if it's not very good. You don't want to waste much time thinking of a better image when you can do that outside of your timed solves.

Oatch

What about I and S?

I and S are targets in the M-slice, so they require some slightly longer algorithms that are different to the usual structure of a conjugated M2. Here are some algs you can use, note they are just inverses of each other:

I: D M' U R2 U' M U R2 U' D' M2
S: M2 D U R2 U' M' U R2 U' M D'

Remember that if S is the second target in a letter pair, you shoot to I instead, and similarly if I is the second target in a letter pair, shoot to S instead.

Addendum: If you are interested, what actually happens is that the alg for I is the commutator [D : [M', U R2 U']] with an M2 attached to the end. The comm cycles the buffer (DF) > I (FU) > helper (UB), so the piece in the buffer is successfully shot to I as expected, finally the M2 brings the helper piece back to UB from DF, and offsetting the M slice as desired, ready for the next target. You get a similar effect for S, except the comm is instead [D : [U R2 U', M']], the inverse cycle with the M2 at the front instead.

Last edited:
WCA
2017OSTD02
I and S are targets in the M-slice, so they require some slightly longer algorithms that are different to the usual structure of a conjugated M2. Here are some algs you can use, note they are just inverses of each other:

I: D M' U R2 U' M U R2 U' D' M2
S: M2 D U R2 U' M' U R2 U' M D'

Remember that if S is the second target in a letter pair, you shoot to I instead, and similarly if I is the second target in a letter pair, shoot to S instead.

Addendum: If you are interested, what actually happens is that the alg for I is the commutator [D : [M', U R2 U']] with an M2 attached to the end. The comm cycles the buffer (DF) > I (FU) > helper (UB), so the piece in the buffer is successfully shot to I as expected, finally the M2 brings the helper piece back to UB from DF, and offsetting the M slice as desired, ready for the next target. You get a similar effect for S, except the comm is instead [D : [U R2 U', M']], the inverse cycle with the M2 at the front instead.
Thank you!

Thom S.

Hello I have a question about blindsolving: When you do a corner swap, It messes up the edges. How do you fix them?

(Assuming you use OP/OP) Your Buffer is fixed so the next Corner Swap will solve them again. If you mean for when you have an Odd number of Corner Swaps in your case, do an Ra Perm

Oatch

Looking for a nice comm for the cycle (UBL FDL LUF), or buffer > L > F in Speffz if you prefer that notation. Move optimal would be nice, but obviously it's speed optimal is more important here. I don't mind rotations too much as long as they aren't extreme/overly cumbersome, and I generally prefer 1 move conjugations if setups are needed (because I'm a close-minded person).

U

Underwatercuber

Looking for a nice comm for the cycle (UBL FDL LUF), or buffer > L > F in Speffz if you prefer that notation. Move optimal would be nice, but obviously it's speed optimal is more important here. I don't mind rotations too much as long as they aren't extreme/overly cumbersome, and I generally prefer 1 move conjugations if setups are needed (because I'm a close-minded person).

I persononally would use
[U' D' R : [R D' R' , U2]]
I feel like it’s somwhat speed optimal

Keroma12

WCA
2010MATT02
YouTube
Visit Channel

Maybe not exactly what you asked for, but these are regripless:
U' R U D : [ R' D' R , U2 ]
U D2 R : [ R' D R D' , B2 ]

abunickabhi

WCA
2013GHOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hi,

If you are starting out I suggest out this tutorial by J perm

An advanced tutorial is by Timothy Goh.

And a comprehensive coverup is by me, at my BLD Tutorial playlist (Shameless self-promotion)

Hope it helps to get you started!
Good luck!

jronge94

WCA
2014RONG01
Coming from OP corners how long is a reasonable time to learn full 3-style for corners on UFR?
Currently know about 1/3 of the comms in about 2 weeks (might take me 10 seconds to figure out the comm I learned but meh)

C

Cubinwitdapizza

So I am getting into blind and I want to know what memorization method i should start with. I use Old Pochmann for edges and corners but I plan on switching to m2 eventually. If you can also give tips on what memorization method you would recommend that would be great.