• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

h2f

Premium Member
WCA
2014PACE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
How to practice 3bld?
I have a very low success rate - it's around 30%. But when I practice edges or corners it's around 90%. My memo is around 40 sec - 1 min. My solves are between 1:40 - 2:20. So how to practice 3bld?

Berd

WCA
2014LONG06
YouTube
Visit Channel
How to practice 3bld?
I have a very low success rate - it's around 30%. But when I practice edges or corners it's around 90%. My memo is around 40 sec - 1 min. My solves are between 1:40 - 2:20. So how to practice 3bld?
Are your dnfs execution memo mistakes? If they're execution errors, do some sighted solves but do each target blindfolded. If they're memo errors, go slower with memo and slowly cut down.

Animorpher13

WCA
2015ELSP01
Two questions

1) is it legal to memorize each piece of the puzzle, put on the blindfold, dissemble the puzzle, reassemble it correctly, and stop the timer? :p

2) What do you do when you have your last two corners oriented correctly but permuted wrong? I know that if that happens with edges you just shoot to both sides but corners have three sides.

h2f

Premium Member
WCA
2014PACE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
1)
5b3b) If, after repairing the puzzle but before the end of the attempt, the competitor finds that the puzzle is unsolvable, he may disassemble and reassemble a maximum of 4 pieces to make the puzzle solvable.

2) Just solve corners.

TDM

WCA
2013MEND03
YouTube
Visit Channel
2) What do you do when you have your last two corners oriented correctly but permuted wrong? I know that if that happens with edges you just shoot to both sides but corners have three sides.
From your second sentence I'm assuming you've said oriented and permuted the wrong way round. If the corners need to be twisted, then shoot to any sticker on the corner. Look at the colour of that sticker you shot to. Shoot to that colour on the same sticker. Here's an example:
scramble: y R U2 R' U' R U' R' L' U2 L U L' U L y'
so here, if we're using OP, we need to solve the UBR corner. First, we need to shoot to any sticker on that corner, for example BUR. The BUR sticker is same colour as our R face, so after that we need to shoot to RBU. So we would do:
[R' F: R U' R' U' R U R' F' R U R' U' R' F R]
[R2: R U' R' U' R U R' F' R U R' U' R' F R]

You can repeat this process for more corners if necessary.
You can also learn algs to twist two or more corners at once (e.g. the scramble I posted above and its inverse are easy to learn and very useful), but that's not necessary, unless you want to start getting faster.

h2f

Premium Member
WCA
2014PACE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Are your dnfs execution memo mistakes? If they're execution errors, do some sighted solves but do each target blindfolded. If they're memo errors, go slower with memo and slowly cut down.

Well. I've made few sighted solves after dnf to figure out, why I did dnf. I've slowed down with memo and execution and got 2/3 success rate, which is the highest I've ever got. And also got first mo3 and avg5 sub 2:00. It worked well.