• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

JemFish

Look up Zane C's tutorial on turbo.

Yeah, watch Zane C's tutorial, although he doesn't explain parity very well, which you'll have to work out yourself.

EDIT: Sorry, I didn't read your post properly. Noah is a great teacher in videos, but for something like commutators I've found that a written tutorial works best. Take a look at the following links, and read them ALL:

BH Tutorial, Brian Yu
Thoughts about the BH method, Mike Hughey
Guide to Transitioning to 3-Cycle BLD, Noah Arthurs
Noah's 3-Style Algs, Noah Arthurs

You could also check out the commutators here, but assuming you use the standard UBL buffer in OP, the above link will be better. Also, it's a pain that Brian Yu's Tutorial uses UBR as buffer, but the point is to learn them intuitively; you should be able to perform a commutator with any buffer.

Last edited:

Tao Yu

WCA
2012YUTA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Does anyone know a tutorial for turbo corners?
I wouldn't recommend turbo corners. I'd say it's easy enough to transition straight to 3-style from OP.

3-style works with turbo without many changes. What you need to remember is: one commutator = two OP targets. So whenever you would use two Y perm setups in OP, you would do one commutator in 3-style.

In other words, you would memo and execute just like you would with OP, but you would solve each pair of targets using one commutator instead of two Y perm setups. Because one commutator has the exact same effect as two Y perm setups.

The only thing other thing you have to worry about is parity. The easiest way to deal with it is to solve the "odd" targets with OP and then use your normal parity fix method. For more advanced methods look at Noah's parity video.

h2f

Premium Member
WCA
2014PACE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Just use twisting algorithm.
- Maskow shows this one: (R U R' U' R U R' U') L' (U R U' R' U R U' R') L. You can use it on left hand with L U etc, makes setups etc.
- Jałocha wrote on polish forum this one: two corners on D layer: R U R' U' R U R' D R U' R' U R U' R' D'. Three corners on D layer: 2*(R U R' U')D' 2*(R U R' U')D' 2*(R U R' U') D2
- and Zalewski uses: RU2R'U'RU'R'U2R'U2RUR'URU2, RUR'URU2R'U2R'U'RU'R'U2RU2 czy RU2R'U2R'U'RURU'R'U2R'U2RU'. - thesa are sunes or antisunes with Ua or Ub pll.

I think Maskow's way is the most safe, but not efficient when you got 3 corners to twist. I guess Jałocha was using Zalewski's way - I remeber he says so in his tutorial for turbo.

tseitsei

WCA
2012LEHT01
Some people will cross their legs although I just remember an odd number of letters.

Yeah. I use this leg crossing for flipped edges in 3bld and parities with 4bld.

3bld: if I have flipped edge(s) in L layer I will cross legs left over right. If in R layer right over left. If in M layer I put my heels together. No flipped edges means legs apart.

4bld: only oll parity -> left over right. Only pll parity -> right over left. Both parities -> heels together. No parities -> legs apart.

Memphis3000

WCA
2014WEND01
Is it possible to use an R2 type method on 3bld for corners, like you use R2 to solve three corners on the L2 layer, then use L2 to solve the rest of the corners on the R2 layer, while placing the last corner?

Gorisanson

Now I'm learning BH method for corners. I have a question.

AnI = Adjacent and non-Interchangeable

In this term, I know what "Interchangeabe" mean. But, what "Adjacent" mean??

I think all the pieces "Adjacent" to UBL are URB, ULF, DLB.
And the other pieces UFR, DFL, DRF, DBR are not "Adjacent" to UBL.
Is my understanding right??

-----------------------------------------------------------------

This question is cleary answered at the following link.
https://www.speedsolving.com/forum/showthread.php?12268-BH-Tutorial&p=1067016&viewfull=1#post1067016

Last edited: