• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Jaycee

YouTube
Visit Channel
After a while you'll just know. But until you do, go over your memo up to what you've already done if you can't remember how many you've done. If you've shot to an odd number of targets, you've done an odd number of M2s/T-Perms. Same for even.

FrankLZ

First: y2 F R' U2 R F' R' F U2 F' R y2
Second: y F R' U2 R F' R' F U2 F' R y'
Third: x F R' U2 R F' R' F U2 F' R x'
Fourth: z' x F R' U2 R F' R' F U2 F' R x' z
Fifth: F R' U2 R F' R' F U2 F' R
Sixth: z F R' U2 R F' R' F U2 F' R z'
Seventh: z y' F R' U2 R F' R' F U2 F' R y z'
Eighth: x y F R' U2 R F' R' F U2 F' R y' x'
Ninth: z y F R' U2 R F' R' F U2 F' R y' z'

Those are an 'easy' case, other cases will require mirroring the algorithm.

OK, thank you very much, I should have been able to figure that out. I think that once I realized that the first image didn't line up with F R' U2 R F' R' F U2 F' R my brain exploded. I don't really get why he chose to use white, blue and black as opposed to regular colors. There is a method behind all of his madness though I presume.

Anyway, I think my next question is still bad, but a better one. I'm trying to figure out the next case, the Sophomore.

ianbn.jpg

Basically, if you set up that case, you get: [cube]case=U2R2U'L2UR2U'L2U'&co=0&fo=80&bg=black[/cube] which is either the 8th or 9th case, but I vote it is neither because if you assume that black in Chester's 9th image is blue in mine, then the DRF piece is off. If you assume that white in Chester's 8th image is blue in mine, then the ULF piece is off. Clearly I am doing something wrong, but I don't know what it is.

I also can't find the mirror (the grey background) of the sophomore case, which should be U2L2UR2U'L2UR2U if you do a R/L mirror R/L Mirror - [cube]case=U2L2UR2U'L2UR2U&co=0&fo=80&bg=black[/cube]. I don't think the F/B Mirror - [cube]case=U2R2UL2U'R2UL2U&co=0&fo=80&bg=black[/cube] or U/D Mirror - [cube]case=D2R2DL2D'R2DL2D&co=40&co=0&fo=80&bg=black[/cube] are in there either. But I'm probably crazy

Last edited:

aronpm

The colours in his diagrams might be a bit confusing; they don't correspond with face colours, but instead with the cycle. Black stickers go to black stickers, blue stickers go to blue stickers, and white stickers go to white stickers. You only really need to look at one of the colours.

riffz

WCA
2009HOLT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
The colours in his diagrams might be a bit confusing; they don't correspond with face colours, but instead with the cycle. Black stickers go to black stickers, blue stickers go to blue stickers, and white stickers go to white stickers. You only really need to look at one of the colours.

Although it can be very helpful when first learning comms to look at all 3 viewpoints for each cycle.

Sakarie

WCA
2008SKAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Although it can be very helpful when first learning comms to look at all 3 viewpoints for each cycle.

Well said! It's not the same thing to learn the commutator for UBR->DRB->DLF and UBR->BUL->FDL.the first on is in my eyes much easier than the other. But you still have to learn UBR->BUL->FDL, and not RUB->LBU->LFD. (Assuming you have UBR as fixed buffer.)

Ickenicke

YouTube
Visit Channel
I am wondering what I can do if I am having 3 yellow pieces on the white side and 3 white on the yellow side. How to change them fastest, without destroyinga anything else?
Also wondering how to do it if it is 2 pieces to change!

Anyone can help?

Litz

Edges? Corners? What positions? What method do you use? Provide a scramble so we can understand your question.

Ickenicke

YouTube
Visit Channel
Edges? Corners? What positions? What method do you use? Provide a scramble so we can understand your question.
Corners, 3OP.
After that I have oriented the corners, I am having very hard to solve it in a good way if it is to many white on the yellow side for example!

Litz

Assuming you have white/yellow on U/D or the inverse, that's to be expected since those are the only two colors you can get anyway after orientation. The only thing you can do is set them up and solve them normally. Just practice and if you can't figure out something, post the scramble to that specific question.

Speedmaster

I don't know what i should learn, BH or Turbo corners, i use turbo edges and i already know all algs of the Turbo corners, but what is faster, turbo or BH, i know that BH is more diffucult to learn, i would only learn it, if it's faster than Turbo
sry for writing mistakes :)

Escher

Babby
WCA
2008KINN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I don't know what i should learn, BH or Turbo corners, i use turbo edges and i already know all algs of the Turbo corners, but what is faster, turbo or BH, i know that BH is more diffucult to learn, i would only learn it, if it's faster than Turbo
sry for writing mistakes :)

Turbo algs are a subset of learning BH - there's nothing to stop you beginning to learn BH and using Turbo for the difficult cases at first :)

Ickenicke

YouTube
Visit Channel
Assuming you have white/yellow on U/D or the inverse, that's to be expected since those are the only two colors you can get anyway after orientation. The only thing you can do is set them up and solve them normally. Just practice and if you can't figure out something, post the scramble to that specific question.

L2 R' D B L R2 B D L2 F2 L2 R' D2 L R B U R2 U2 F2 D2 L R2 D' L2, is the first scramble with yellow side up, and there are two white at U layer. How to do in this case?

R2 F' L U' F U' R' D' F L' R2 D2 L' U' L2 F' D U F L2 D' U B F2 R' is the second scramble with yellow side up, and there are three white at the U layer. How to do in this case?

I hope anyone can help!

Speedmaster

I'll try, but i don't really understand the tutorial of byu, is there abnother.one, which is good?

Escher

Babby
WCA
2008KINN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'll try, but i don't really understand the tutorial of byu, is there abnother.one, which is good?

Yeah byu's explanation sucks. Look through the threads in this forum for BH resources, there are plenty of text-based tutorials - I'm afraid there are almost no other BH tutorials on youtube.
To be honest, the only difficult part of BH to understand is the A9 section. The rest can be rote-learned (and then later understood), or are very intuitive like all the 8 movers and most of the 10 movers.

If I were you I'd learn to do 8 move commutators, then learn the Turbo commutators and figure out how they work. A couple of them are A9s, but most are very easy.

Speedmaster

I speak german, but i'll"watch it ;)
Thx for the information ;)
Is it difficult to learn bh, i think the biggest problem is, that i cannot solve the cases speed optimal, the problem ia that bh is intuitiv and i have to train a lot to solve the cases speed optimal!

Litz

R2 F' L U' F U' R' D' F L' R2 D2 L' U' L2 F' D U F L2 D' U B F2 R' is the second scramble with yellow side up, and there are three white at the U layer. How to do in this case?!
I'll give you a solution for this one since it has more white/yellow corners swapped then. Try to solve the first one yourself afterwards.

I don't know what you use as a buffer piece or what algorithms you use for the cycles on the U layer so I'll assume you use UFL as buffer since more people seem to use that (I don't use it, or 3op for that matter). Also note that since I don't know what algorithms you use I'll just show you how to bring the 3 corners to the U layer and assume you know how to cycle them clockwise or counterclockwise (you may need to do some U moves or rotations depending on your algorithm).

Orientation:
All corners except DFR and DBL are oriented. DFR needs to turn clockwise and DBL counterclockwise. Something like z2 U' (D' R' D R)x2 U2 (R' D' R D)x2 U' z2 would work.

Permutation:
Assuming UFL is your buffer piece, the whole permutation cycle is (UFL) DBL DFL UFR UBL DBR UBR DFR (UFL)

You can break this into 3 3cycles and 1 2cycle:

UFL DBL DFL: D2 R2 (cycle clockwise) R2 D2
UFL UFR UBL: (cycle counterclockwise)
UFL DBR UBR: R2 D2 B2 (cycle counterclockwise) R2 D2 B2
UFL DFR: Swap them however you want, just remember you have parity

timeless

YouTube
Visit Channel
what happens if i dont do R perm for parity?
i had a parity case but forgot to do R perm and was off by a R perm, y perm,2 twisted corners
does that mean i messed up something else besides parity?