• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

OLL Training- For people who want to learn full OLL!

Thread starter #1
Basically this is just a new series that I'm starting called OLL training. I'm in the process of learning the other 50 OLLs so I decided that I would learn it with you guys. So if anyone else wants to learn OLL right now they can tune in every week for a new OLL training video. Week 1's algs are pretty simple. The level of difficulty for each alg will increase each week. Each week I will either do 5 or 10 new algs and this is the schedule for the weeks:

Week 1- 10 algs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwAclJir9j0
Week 2- 10 algs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i54EME-16ns
Week 3- 5 algs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKpe0j8x1UM
Week 4- 5 algs
Week 5- 5 algs
Week 6- 5 algs
Week 7- 5 algs
Week 8- 5 algs
Week 1:
[youtubehd]YwAclJir9j0[/youtubehd]

I hope you enjoy!

Last edited:
YouTube
pipkiksass
Awesome idea - unfortunately I know about 40-something random OLLs, and I bet the ones I don't know will be in week 7!!! Looking forward to the rest of the series.

Just got finally satisfied with my PLL recognition and performance, I learned full PLL a good week ago, I'll definitely start learning a few OLL cases for dots, even though I try to use the sledgehammer as much as possible to orient last layer edges. But this is a really good motivation to get started with full OLL and finally have it done. Thanks for your videos man !

WCA
2013MAZU02
36-ish olls, but week 2 gave me 4 more, so 40! (i watched week 2 a second ago but i dont have a cube around for me to practice on, so until tomorrow, 36.)

WCA
2014KRAV01
YouTube
ThePKCuber
Of the six small Ls, four are easy: two are F double sexy F' and its mirror, one is [F (R U R' U') F] [f (R U R' U' R U R' U') f'], and one is [F (R U R' U') F'] [(R U R' U') (R' F R F')]. I haven't learned the other two.
The other two are pretty cool.
They are R' F R2 B' R2 F' R2 B R'. + inverse
Which can also be done using wide turns.

also thanks for teaching me those 2 Ls in about 4 seconds haha.

mark49152

Super Moderator
Staff member
WCA
2015RIVE05
YouTube
mark49152
Lots of people on ~40, I wonder why that is?

I'm on ~40 too. I've learned all those cases for which doing 2-look takes >5 moves more than 1 look. The rest I'm not bothered about as I can bang out the 2-look with no pause just as quickly. I might learn them anyway when I get bored, but no rush.

TDM

WCA
2013MEND03
YouTube
TDM028
The other two are pretty cool.
They are R' F R2 B' R2 F' R2 B R'. + inverse
Which can also be done using wide turns.

also thanks for teaching me those 2 Ls in about 4 seconds haha.
Yeah, I learned them that fast too. They're both just F R U R' U' F' + an easy OLL.
I haven't yet learned the other two, but I know they can be done with just r and U moves. Your algs are awesome though. OH B'/F's ftw. I'll learn them eventually...

Having just counted, I realised that I know 36. It just seems like a waste of time to learn an OLL that will be, in the end, about half a second faster than my two look, especially since I know what my case for orienting corners is going to be. I really ought to learn some of the more annoying cases for two look though. I solve bar on top, bar in front and bar in the back with F (R U R' U') F' f (R U R' U') f' F (R U R' U') F' for god's sake.

The best OLL case ever is the one solved with l U' l2' U l2 U l2' U'. That feels so god damn good to perform, lots of stuff moving around and then BAM! oriented cube.

WCA
2014KRAV01
YouTube
ThePKCuber
Yeah, thats the L case solved with the F and B moves. I execute it like that though. you can also do an x' and an R U D alg, which I like.
The other two are easier now that I use FRURUF and sexysledge. You always put on the top left, F R U R' U' F', then solve the OLL.

I think my favorite OLL is R' U R2 D r' u r D' R2 U' R. I think there was a simpler one for that case, but I like this one a lot more.
I literally have no idea what is going on until the end.